The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

My old cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stock1g4g63

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 2, 2003
(was TX) Anaheim, CA, California
Hey guys, I was just going through my harddrive and found a shot of my original DSM, my 240sx, and my RX-7. Just thought I'd share. It's also a little explanation of why my name says 1g but i have a 2g...

My RX-7 was what got me into the whole "import" scene... took a decent amount of my money as it went from a stock convertible to a turbo'd, dropped, drag worthy import. 16" Enkei's, Turbo hood to go with the motor of course, a drop, and a fiero wing.

The 240 had a 97 K series engine swapped in free of charge with the help the used dealership i got it from (since the motor blew less then a month after I got it), but unfortunately was never seen to fruition. It was going to be my drifting car.

Then I was introduced the the wonderful world of DSMs.
*sigh* i miss my 1st gen....

Attachments

• 218408_1_full.jpg
    218408_1_full.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 382
Its nice to go back and look at what you had and what got you started. I got my dsm after I had sold my crx to move out to cali with my ex girlfriend. Neeedless to say I ended up not going and carless, but if it wasnt for her I would of never of gotten my dsm. There is always hope. Heres a pic of my 5th crx, once you go dsm you never go back.

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 340
JP171,
Even here I feel better about myself, and I had an 88accord lxi.

Here's one of my roadster, in more glorious days. It had been used on the back page of Rallye Roadster's catalog. I made the front air dam myself.

Attachments

• 18104711.jpg
    18104711.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 524
Don't tell anyone this, but my dream car is a SR20DET-powered Datsun Roadster. If hell freezes over and I ever become super-rich, I'll manage to pull it off. I'd imagine that there would be a huge amount of fabrication involved.

Defiant, i'm diggin the 200sx, very nice:thumb: Originally, before i got my DSM, i had planned on swapping in an RB26DETT into the last generation of 240, but when i saved up about 3/4 the amount of money, i went and got a DSM.... i don't think i'd ever drive anything else now, unless of course it's like a Supra TT or a high end car (like a ferrari or soemthing....like that'll happen anytime soon...) I thought about buying the GTP Supra, the CF wide body supra they have on their site, i talked to Jonathon at ImportFan.com and he said they were selling it for around 16k, until i found out it was a bone stock N/A... with just a kit and rims. After my experiences with the RX-7, I'm never going to get another rotary in my life... Man, if you think DSM's are bad, whew those rotaries are nothing but trouble...

Originally posted by stock1g4g63
Hey guys, I was just going through my harddrive and found a shot of my original DSM, my 240sx, and my RX-7. J

THOUGHS ARE 3 of my fave cars! :cry: It sounds like you sold them....I could never have done that... unless it was to buy another one like it in better shape..

Also I have always heard non turbo rotarys can take abuse like no other. But put a turbo on without building the engine (rather apex seals and some other ones) and oh hell.

Actually, a reman turbo II motor was swapped in, I had originally planned on driving the car N/A, and we even put a 75 shot on it and it handled it just fine. Let me tell you, shifting in a mazda makes shifting in our DSM's feel like trying to pull a sword out of a stone... Not to mention that I can abuse the hell out of the rx-7 tranny, redline that b*tch, and it still comes back for more. The original N/A motor was awesome besides a little overheating problem (needed to upgrade my radiotor, seeing how I was driving it), but the turbo motor was just bleh. I blew my apex seals on several occasions and starting getting foam in my radiator. I finally gave up on it.

I still have the 240, although it's being driven by my little brother now, and I sold the RX and my 1G to buy my 2G which I'm driving now.

1969 mgb, fully restored,...

Attachments

• mgb.jpg
    mgb.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 261
stock1g, I love that RX7... You shoulda sold it to me! Before I bought my most recent DSM I was searching everywhere for an S5 FC 'vert with a TII swap, and your old one looks damn sexy. Oh well.

Here's my old talon, it was what got me hooked on driving fast cars. I had it for around 3 years til it started falling apart, so I sold it and bought my 94 FD, which I still own but it's not my daily anymore.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

My FD and my bros 97 TSi AWD

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I honestly miss my RX-7 most of all my cars. Selling it was not really my choice, It was in terrible shape, and I just didn't have the money to continue the project, so I had no choice but to sell it. There's also another more personal reason I had for selling the car that I won't get into, but it was a stupid reason... a REALLY stupid reason.

I'm actually thinking about getting another one for sentimental reasons...:p

This was my first car. 1970 Pontiac LeMans - 400ci - 4 bbl - 335 hp. Serious weight reduction by converting most of the steel to an iron oxide (=rust ;) )

Attachments

• lemans-01s.jpg
    lemans-01s.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 97
I used to tune a 95 Probe GT. Looked basically stock but ran low 14's. Then I got hit by a drunk driver...end of that story.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back