The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

My new turbo kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newdsmtnr96

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 16, 2005
Des Moines, Iowa
Just showing every one my new turbo kit. My motor builder and i went thru checked the turbo for shaft play and everything and everything checked out okay. He said that this is a rebult turbo. I just wanted to show every one my new turbo kit. im only going to be running about 8 psi for a long time on this turbo.. Tell i upgrade the turbo to a obx stage 2 turbo. Im also replacing the manifold to when time comes.. Has any one known any issues with the obx turbo's? Heres a small video of the kit. Yes this was bought off ebay... but it was still worth it. I have a guy where i live using a turbo kit from ebay running 10 pnds with fmu and other mods not on stock block. But tell me what you think? Im happy i got my kit. Thanks for watching...

turboyell.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

boxfull1.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

boxfull.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ps i was excited when i got my turbo kit.. as any one else would be, im going to be running a 12:1 fmu and welbro fuel pump... and about 6-8 pounds

http://www.youtube.com/v/RKPnjonrNSo&rel=1

How much did you pay for all of that stuff. Obx turbos are not good so no need in buying one of those. That turbo you have should be fine for 6lb of boost but if you ever get into the 20psi range I would be scared.

Good luck with your kit.

There are plenty of people running ebay kits so don't get discouraged when the people with the $1000 turbos and $600 FMIC's etc tell you it will grenade on you. I suggest checking out some of the Ebay Turbo kit threads to make sure everything is in working order. There are some tests you should do to make sure. Check the wastegate actuator, BOV, and such to make sure they aren't stuck. Basically anything that moves make sure it isn't loose or jammed in any way.

So which kit did you end up getting? Want to post a link? Make sure you document what you are doing for the site so we have more info on these type of ebay things.

Again good luck and be sure to take your time with it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back