The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

MY NEW TOY!!........4runner

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayRolla

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 23, 2006
Colorado Spring, Colorado
Just bought this yesterday. Its a 96 4runner limited in good condition for having 178000 miles on the clock. Power everything, upgraded stereo and speakers, all leather. I got if for $5200 which sounds a little high but is a very good price for a 4x4 Toyota in CO. They sell for usually $6500-$7500 for this year and mileage.

Plans are 2-3" body lift, larger tires, brush guards, intake, exhaust and one day a TRD supercharger running emanage and e85. I could get a custom pully for the supercharger to up the boost a little and run some good timing with the e85. Timing curve is very flat on these trucks.

Pic is a little bad since its from my iphone.

Attachments

• 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 114
Not to much, I hope, LOL. Its the wifes truck. Thats why I probably wont do the lift since its hard enough to get the kids in it how it sits already. Plus it only gets 16mph and the supercharger puts it down to around 12-14mph at best and thats on gas. E85 would be worse. But it does bump power from 183 hp and 217 lbtq too around 265 hp and 267 lbtq.

Lol I'm personally more of a pickup fan. I was looking for a '85 at an affordable price but most of them are rusted to shit plus I picked up my current Jeep. Almost exactly what I was looking for so I couldn't pass it up. Nice find. Good luck with it.

I was looking at Jeeps also but the 93-2004's are known to be unreliable and they are usually beat up, plus they dont hold value like toyotas due to the known reliability. Not saying I dont like them, I just couldnt find a clean one. Almost got a 99 v8 limited jeep but the owner at the dealership was a prick. Im glad now though because I found this. I didnt expect to find a 4runner like this under $6500 in CO.

Can't say that about the 242. Keep up with maintenance and it'll run past 300k miles easily. But I do know what you mean. Most Jeeps I see around here looks completely beaten up. The only reason I jumped on my XJ was cause of how clean it was. It has it's minor problems though. I think the door locks working whenever they feel like it is the biggest peeve of mine. Other than that she runs strong. I recently pulled the spark plugs. The 242 asks for .035" gap. When I pulled mine, they were so erroded, the gap was closer to .050". I regapped them and threw them back in for now til I can get a chance to get new ones. Reliability wise, I can only think of imports being first. I don't know about the V8s that came with the ZJ. The new Jeeps are trash. My dad has a 2008 JK. Only 17k miles and it has had the motor replaced and now it has recently started idling funny. I think there's a dead cylinder, not too sure.

I have a 97 that is exactly like yours same wheels, paint everything. I just rolled 200k and get 20-22 in mine around town and as high as 29 on the highway. I have put 60k on it in the last 3 years and have had almost no problems at all in that time. have fun with it.

Wow thats crazy mileage. I have not seen one website or info anywhere stating more than really 16mpg in the city. I hope I can get some good mileage with it. Some guy was telling me about his buddys supercharged one and never breaks 13mpg in the city.

Wow thats crazy mileage. I have not seen one website or info anywhere stating more than really 16mpg in the city. I hope I can get some good mileage with it. Some guy was telling me about his buddys supercharged one and never breaks 13mpg in the city.

I use BG 44k about every 10k miles or so and lucas top end cleaner stuff every couple of tanks when I traveled for work. In the winter it drops just due to me letting it idle a lot cause I hate being cold. I have tracked every tank of fuel by brand and octane since I bought it and it seems that shell 87 is the best for me and conoco 87 is the worst. Safeway and king soopers are hit and miss and are not really consistnent. Also when I said almost not problems basically the only thing that has gone wrong was my ex fiance was driving and blew a spark plug out of the head. when we were fixing it we looked in the cylinder with a borescope and it litterally looked new still nice an shiny on the vlaves and piston top.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back