The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

My new set up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RnR Racing

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 25, 2002
Here is a pic of my new set up. We have been working pretty hard over here to get the perfect set up at a resonable price. This is my personal car that is using the race kit and we are hoping for some big things in the near future.

We are pretty happy about this set up and are now releasing it to the public. We redesigned our turbo kit to insure that it makes the most power with an easy installation. The header/manifold is SS equal length to insure you get the fastest spool up from our large turbos. This will be great for people who want to run a bigger turbo without the slow spool up. Also the turbo kit are now full Garrett with the better designed 4 bolt turbine housing.

Here is a list of the new parts on the car from the last time we raced it a year ago with the old set up Red turbo/Haltech.

RnR Race T3/T4 Kit
RnR 3.5" Turbo Back
VPC/GCC/Profec B
Buschur ECU chip

We are running this simple set up just to get it tuned and running right before we drop the AEM EMS in it.

Let me know if there are any questions about the set up.

Attachments

• newman3.jpg
    newman3.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 314
that manifold is gorgeous.

can you keep the stock fans with that wastegate? or do you have to get some slim fans like spals?

looks nice..big improvment over the original pics ive seen.

you guys get the idea for the manifold design based off the full-race manifolds?..eitherway thats about the best design that doesnt take up a lot of room and still has all the benifits of equal length...nice work

also, on the downpipe..is it a true 3.5" from the turbo back? if so, how did you guys do it? use a 5bolt rear housing and kinda dent in the piping to fit onto the flange?....we just made a 3" turboback for my friends civic with a t3/60-1 w/ 5bolt rear and that BARELY fit on the flange

Thanks for the compliments. The manifold was our own design after looking at the best way to build it. We looked at many other designs to get ideas, but this manifold is unlike any other design out there. It took us a while to come up with the final product that fit perfect and was pretty easy to install.

I haven't even tried to see if the stock AC fan will fit. It might, but none of our cars have had AC for a while. If you plan on keeping the AC then you will need a slim fan from us or RRE.

The manifold is top notch quality. The current price for the manifold is on our site or you can email me for pricing as I don't want to break any rules. When you figure the price of the Turbonetics manifold at $500 then this one isn't much more and you get equal length and a manifold that will look and perform much better. Our turbo kits are all coming with this manifold from now on so the price is the same as usual for now. They will be going up to the competitve level as other companies are selling these for $800-$1000.

Our 3.5" turbo back starts at 3" at the flange and soon after opens up to 3.5".

Oh and I almost for got a few key points. We are now only using full Garrett turbos with the new 4 bolt turbine housing as they perform better. Also the manifold production is going pretty good and there isn't a big lead time with them.

There are stress relief cuts. The material is 8 gauge low carbon 304 stainless steel. We have installed one on a daily driver here who has a 2g FWD and it runs real good. With material this thick it going to be hard to crack it.

How much faster spool would you say this manifold provides?

and can it be ordered in 321 stainless? at what cost?

:thumb:

It will spool the turbo faster. I would say around 300-500rpm under a turbonetics or comparible manifold/header. It hard to say also because there are so many factors like tuning and such, but if all that is done is a manifold cahnge then that is about right.

The manifold is not only designed to provide better spool up, but also more top end power potential over regular designs. You can get a 321 as an option when you order.

i have his kit on my car. I have the old manifold but its made outta the same sh!t and i haven't had any problems as of yet. Well, except trying to tap it for the EGT cuz the metal is tuff and my tap and die kit blows. Them new manifolds look tyte tho ryan, wish i woulda known you were workin on a new setup for the manifolds cuz i woulda waited around for one of them. they are nice! Do they all come polished? are there any advantages with these new ones over your old ones? well take it easy man and keep that good stuff coming. And my buddy loves the Evo exhaust!!!!!

Brandon, your car looks good with our FMIC kit on there. The new manifolds are an upgrade from the old design as they offer a better spool up, more power potential and is just a better deisgn with eqaul length runners, etc.

All the customers who want to upgrade your manifold from the old design are given a big discount. We want to make sure that you will be able to make the most power.

well like my sig says dude, i blew my headgasket in the middle of nowhere in Utah on my trip home i was telling you about. And i can't fix it out there myself so i gotta pay a mechanic a sh!t load of money to fix it. So if i gotta pay to get that one, then ill just use the old one. Aint that big of a deal to me i guess. But if you start given em away for free then hey call me up!!! but ya, now i gotta like dish out most of my money in my bank account to get a stupid head gasket replaced. talk about ghey. anyway, thanx for the complement on the fmic, i like it. Everyone looks at my car now!!!! Later

(edit) how much for a new manifold if we trade in the old one though?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back