The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

My new ride, and its not a DSM, but its close!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1990AWD

Supporting VIP
Apr 27, 2009
Langham, SK_Canada
My new '94 3000GT VR-4, completely stock.

Got the car Wednesday, finally got some photos of it, although not very good ones. I'll get someone who knows what they're doing to take better ones in the next while.

Attachments

• 1994Mitsubishi3000GTVR-46.jpg
    1994Mitsubishi3000GTVR-46.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 1994Mitsubishi3000GTVR-47.jpg
    1994Mitsubishi3000GTVR-47.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 1994Mitsubishi3000GTVR-48.jpg
    1994Mitsubishi3000GTVR-48.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 1994Mitsubishi3000GTVR-410.jpg
    1994Mitsubishi3000GTVR-410.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 1994Mitsubishi3000GTVR-415.jpg
    1994Mitsubishi3000GTVR-415.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 1994Mitsubishi3000GTVR-416.jpg
    1994Mitsubishi3000GTVR-416.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 50
Rear wing isn't working atm, but I'll fix it!

Now your gonna have to join 3si too. HaHa

Its not completely stock. Looks to have some prothane motor mounts. Nice find.

Nice looking VR-4. Have fun doing any sort of work to it. LOL

About a month ago, a guy wanted to trade me a 94 Stealth R/T TT for my Talon. 104k, about the same mods as I have on my Talon. It wasn't quite finished yet. I turned him down though. It had signs of him being a ricer. IE ugly custom interior and a bodykit.

That things nice! Have you gotten to drive it much? I was just wondering what the power felt like in that one compared to a DSM. I was thinking about getting in to these but the engine bay looks like you would bust many knuckles working on it.

Picked mine up for $800. ;) Running, driving - had a rod bearing on it's way out. Hadn't spun, however. tons of mods ranging from an AEM to a full Greddy FMIC cooling the air from a pair of 15g's. Everything that could be replaced on the car has been, right down to the subframe bushings when the subframe itself was replaced. Over 25k in receipts on the damn thing. It's currently waiting for the new rod bearings to be snapped in, the engine bay buttoned up, and the interior to go back in.

These are great cars. They require a ton of attention but are very much worth the hassle. Just take time out at least once to drive one. They feel absolutely gorgeous in turns.

The engine bay is a bit cramped until you remove the battery, intake assembly, etc. Once you get it down to basics it's pretty much like working on a 6 cylinder DSM. You get used to it.

Thanks guys!

I've had it sinc Wednesday so I've only but on 100 miles or so, but I like it. Its a lot smoother and comfortable than a DSM, and a lot larger. Doesn't "feel" as fast as my Eclipse, but that's because of the weight and smoother power delivery. I'm definitely liking the 6spd though, 2000rpm @ 70mph is a nicer pace from the Eclipse.

Yeah, engine looks bad at first, but I as Kei said, I think once you take the battery and intake/intercooler piping out, it shouldn't be too bad. Nowhere close to a modded 1g, but still.

Paid $10.5k so I paid a lot, but around here, there are only either 1gs or RHD cars so this one is a little rare, plus the PO has a lot of receipts and records of maintainance.

10.5k completely stock?! Wow that's ridiculous for prices compared to what I'm used to.

Glad you're enjoying it, though. :) Take care of it and it will take care of you.

10.5k completely stock?! Wow that's ridiculous for prices compared to what I'm used to.

Glad you're enjoying it, though. :) Take care of it and it will take care of you.

Prices are retardedly high in Saskatchewan.
A clean 1g AWD DSM, $4k,
A nice 2g AWD DSM, $6-8k.
RHD GTOs can be had for ~$7k,
1g 3s cars in LHD are $8-9k.

Ouch. I think I'll detour around the Providences in the future.

Prices are retardedly high in Saskatchewan.
A clean 1g AWD DSM, $4k,
A nice 2g AWD DSM, $6-8k.
RHD GTOs can be had for ~$7k,
1g 3s cars in LHD are $8-9k.

Ya tell me about it! :mad:
Thought I recognized where the last few pics were taken, and I actually seen you taking them to......did you see a suzuki kizashi drive by per chance? LOL

thats the most expensive headache ever ROFL

I actually seen you taking them to......did you see a suzuki kizashi drive by per chance? LOL

No, I wasn't looking around for Suzukis. LOL

thats the most expensive headache ever ROFL

Eh, it's not that bad to work on. I've already changed the alternator and it wasn't difficult.

I love those cars. The one thing I'd like more than a DSM is a GTO. I wish they had a flat-6, but I'll take any 6 any day (8 cylinders are a bit too much for me).

Nice find. That's one of my dream cars!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back