The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

My new paint on my 1g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gsx63 said:
Nice car! What was the previous color you had? $800 is a good deal!!
previous color was silver and ya 800$ is good. I really wanted the evo MR color but couldnt find the code. The paint came out darker than i expected, but im happy with the results.

I guess it does look good but it's hard to tell from these pics? Can't wait to see the new pics. I'm seriously thinking about getting mine painted very soon. I saw a guy at the carwash the other day in a 93 GS Eclipse and his ride looked great with a fresh paintjob. He told me Maco did the paintjob for $400! It looked brand new and high gloss. I'm going to go talk to the "same" maco shop he went to next week. Thanks for the ideas on colors. Nice ride. :thumb:

always close your hood all the way.. especially CF.. i didn't and paid dearly.. Hood flew up today at 20mph and smashed my windshield and busted the hood up slightly too.. Gotta order a new one now...

Burnett03 said:
thanks, i cant wait to wash it, wax it and clean the rims

i don't think you wanna wax that for 6 months!

something about the paint curing first!

unior said:
i don't think you wanna wax that for 6 months!

something about the paint curing first!

There is truth to this, according to the "How to Paint Your Car" book I have.

Well I went to Maaco today and am getting mine repainted midnight blue. They are going to have to resurface/strip the hood and that's going to cost $75. The rest of the car they'll just spray over the existing paint. They'll also be fixing 3 small dents. It came to $525 and goes in Wednesday. Can't wait! :talon:

psychlow said:
There is truth to this, according to the "How to Paint Your Car" book I have.

yeah well, i wouldn't know much i never had the spare 1000 bucks to get my car re sprayed...but i heard that tidbit from a friend that works at a local body shop

talon94es said:
Well I went to Maaco today and am getting mine repainted midnight blue. They are going to have to resurface/strip the hood and that's going to cost $75. The rest of the car they'll just spray over the existing paint. They'll also be fixing 3 small dents. It came to $525 and goes in Wednesday. Can't wait! :talon:

sorry for the double post

maaco may look nice for now...but with them...its all in the prep work...shady prep work = paint flaking off in 2 years...not cool in my opinion

unior said:
sorry for the double post

maaco may look nice for now...but with them...its all in the prep work...shady prep work = paint flaking off in 2 years...not cool in my opinion

You know I'm really debating on getting this done now.. I was thinking about the whole 2 year warranty deal and looking at my paint this morning. The stock paint looks awesome except for the hood (Looks like ISH). If i could find a replacement hood that would be way cheaper and probably end up looking better in the long run. I would go CF hood but those are pricey to not guarantee a great fit.

EDIT: Just got off with the guy at Maaco and he has me pretty convinced. He said the hood will be completely stipped and painted and the rest of the car sanded for good adhesion. He said I shouldn't expect any fading or chipping after 2 seasons. I'm sticking to it since I was so impressed with the guys 93 red Eclipse that I saw done at this shop. His ride looked brand new and I want that.

talon94es said:
You know I'm really debating on getting this done now.. I was thinking about the whole 2 year warranty deal and looking at my paint this morning. The stock paint looks awesome except for the hood (Looks like ISH). If i could find a replacement hood that would be way cheaper and probably end up looking better in the long run. I would go CF hood but those are pricey to not guarantee a great fit.

EDIT: Just got off with the guy at Maaco and he has me pretty convinced. He said the hood will be completely stipped and painted and the rest of the car sanded for good adhesion. He said I shouldn't expect any fading or chipping after 2 seasons. I'm sticking to it since I was so impressed with the guys 93 red Eclipse that I saw done at this shop. His ride looked brand new and I want that.

2 years is not long enough for a good paint job

8 years should be expected

talon94es said:
Its gonna be flaking within 5 months...

swing lo said:
Love the color but do you honestly have to have the JEGS sticker on it?
ya pretty ###.. The sticker was on there before and the guys at the paint shop thought it was a sponsor or something so they left it on and painted around it.. Ya pretty dumb.. Im stuck with it now.

Burnett03 said:
Its gonna be flaking within 5 months...

And what makes you say this? Do you have any personal experience? Either way it has a 2 year warranty and if they do the prep work correctly which they are going to do.. I shouldn't have any problems. We'll see.

few more pics guys.

talon94es said:
And what makes you say this? Do you have any personal experience? Either way it has a 2 year warranty and if they do the prep work correctly which they are going to do.. I shouldn't have any problems. We'll see.
I do have experience, i wouldnt say anything if didn't. My friend at work had her jeep painted gold at maaco.. Within a week i could see the red showing through from the paint chipping. Sorry to burst your bubble, wasnt my intention.

more for you guys in my gallery

Well, did you ever think that maybe she got the cheapest paint job they offer? I went and talked with them and they did my car and I'm quite happy. FYI: Diffrent Maccos will have different workers/mgt and therefore different results. I talked this over with the Maaco rep and insured that they were going to take the proper measures to prep my car.

I have a warranty and if anything does go wrong they'll fix it. My car looks brand new and better than ever. I'm glad your happy with your paint job and you didn't "burst my bubble".

I went with midnight blue.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

looking good, and nice color choice, lets hope both of ours hold up!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back