The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

My new car. I know not a dsm.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i never have been a fan of the srt-4 i look at them as just a supped up neon

from a 95 N/A owner...

i can always appreciate a car for what it is. a supped up neon? how are dsms in anyway out of a neons league chassis wise? at least the srt has proper seats. do you like STIs? just a suped up crappy impreza. EVO? just a suped up lancer.

im with the guy about no place for a fwd performance car. practical DD? yes. we just stage 3+ a 2011 gti at my work. thats a lot of money to go spinning through your first 3 gears...

I almost bought a 03 back in 04 with 18k on the clock. At the end of the day my insurance was going to be $100 more a month than the car note, which was around $300 for the note.

I decided to buy a house with a note of 650 a month.

Thanks for all the positive and negative comments. Haha. I dont rally care, i just traded my bike which was never used for a car that i can enjoy. So, yes, i traded my bike with another 2 grand for this car. I paid 3 for the bike so you guys can do the math. I just thought this was a good deal and i couldn't pass up.

And i haven't really ever seen or had problems with srt-4 owners. Before id show up in my eclipse and they were cool and respected dsm's. so, i guess its kinda just that way i guess. Hondas on the other hand, the owners are something else. Ha. But yeah i definitely like these cars and how the engines are. They are a solid car. Pulls pretty good. I am happy with it so far.

Actually the car is lowered on eibach sportlines, but it is incredibly low. Too low for me. I just got some stock springs for it to be raised up until i can afford a good suspension.

I would definitely of picked up an evo if it was in my price range. I just cant go that far out there just yet. I am a full time college student paying for school by working part time, all while trying to feed my car addiction. Haha. So, i got a bike, paid it off, then my buddy was interested so i went for it. But gotta say, i will get an evo someday.

The license plate is illegal as it sits because i have the state covered. I have it bent so if they pull me over i'll just bend it up. But so far, knock on wood, i haven't been pulled over.

nice pick up bro, you mind saying how much you bought it for? I got 5 srt-4 sitting at my house currently...LOL my 792whp one, two buddies that are deployed 361&394whp, my neighbors 318whp and another friend came over pry 280ish, i've had mine since 08, and have just done about everything to it, its a simple platform, much like the dsm world, just costs a lil more since its newer and not as much bullet proof parts like the dsm...all that hp and no traction...if you ever need any advice on problem or potential parts you'd like to buy i know the best bang for the buck and the best vendors to go to....and just dont be like most srt owners....u do drive a neon....be discreet and if you do happen to humiliate someone and they tell you its a nice srt, just reply "its only a neon" still the fastest car under $22,000 new, and the only one to be in the 13s stock and get 30mpg....

Yeah thanks man, i actually paid 2 grand plus my bike. A total of 5 grand for a car that is worth almost 9. I think i did good. And with that much power, i would definitely be asking you for parts. I know a guy around my area that has a stage 3 that runs right at 12 seconds. And i have already been there. I let them talk, because it is a neon, just a different model neon. Ha. Some people have already felt the wrath of this "neon".

I've always liked the Dodge SRT-4, four door, turbo and cheap. I'd drive one. Looks like you have the start of a turbo collection.

Yeah i have my own little collection. That silver car is my little sisters automatic gsx. Thanks

I love black vehicles, but I gotta say..I'm really not digging the black on the srt for some reason..

But really nice pick up..I would have kept the bike tho, more gas friendly..But thats definatly a very nice trade..I'd say you got the better end of the deal there..

Black wasn't my first choice. But it is actually nicer then one thinks. Looks good at night, all black. I wanted a blue 04, but this deal was too good to pass up. Bike i was gonna keep, but i didn't ride it too much and it wasn't convenient for me. Thanks man.

nice ride bro, funny to hear dsm owners say they hate neons, when the eclipse gs or rs are exactly the same thing as a neon.. srt4s are pretty cool, buddy of mine owns one.. cant believe ive never seen you eclipse though, i used to live in redding about 3 years ago.. but congrats!

Yeah, i actually am from Orland, which is a small town by Chico. But yeah i went up to redding quite a few times to go to the drag strip and to hang out in Redding. Cool to know a fellow Nor Cal dsm'er on here. Thanks

I have always had a thing for srts. One of my good friend holds the stock turbo record and the shop he works at has the top 5 speed cars. Look at Realtune Performance in Ohio. Really cool guys and they do very good work.

Nice car, I think you need some better pictures though.

And as for the haters, you'd easily spank 90% of them and they talk trash ROFL. Gotta love some DSM'ers :ohdamn:

I will get some more pics of the car this weekend if its not raining. Next to my dsm. HA Its weird, the days its hot and sunny, i have work or class, but when im off, its raining like a mother outside.

As for that, i'm not sure, im a dsm'er and i know these cars capabilities. Haha. But i was next to a 1g and the guy had to of had a big turbo on it, i could hear the waste gate, and mine kept up with it pretty good. He had major lag, so i am assuming it was a fairly sized turbo. Thanks again.

Here are some more pics of the car from this last weekend. I will get some more this weekend.

Attachments

• IMAG0073.jpg
    IMAG0073.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMAG0074.jpg
    IMAG0074.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0075.jpg
    IMAG0075.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMAG0076.jpg
    IMAG0076.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMAG0077.jpg
    IMAG0077.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMAG0078.jpg
    IMAG0078.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 32
You gotten any crap for that front plate yet? I'd love to do that to mine.

So far, i haven't got anything, knock on wood. But i just have it bent in case they wanna see the sate because i think thats one of the laws. They have to see the state.

Can't go wrong with the black/black

Thanks. I think it is decent from a bike to this. Its cool, because the 4 door makes life so much easier. Ha. Who would of ever thought.

That a nice Srt you got. I have always loved these cars since I knew about them. Never owned one but have drove a few. They would have to be one of the most fun cars to drive. My friend used to have a yellow one. Nonetheless, nice car!

That a nice Srt you got. I have always loved these cars since I knew about them. Never owned one but have drove a few. They would have to be one of the most fun cars to drive. My friend used to have a yellow one. Nonetheless, nice car!

Thanks. And they are real fun to drive. Thank you for all the comments.

That SRT-4 looks pissed.. Probably getting tired of being called a Neon ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back