The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

My new car. I know not a dsm.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eligst21

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 13, 2010
Chico, California
So, whats up guys/gals. I haven't been on this site that much due to school, but i wanted to share with few what i recently traded my street bike for. About a month ago, i traded my 2004 Kawasaki zx6rr for a 2005 Dodge Srt-4. I know some might hate on it, but its cool. It was a good buddy of mine that owned it so i know it was well taken care of. Also, i didn't ride the bike too much and was in the mood for a 4 door. I don't know, i just kinda have always liked Srt-4's. Not as much as dsm's, as i still have my gst, but they get the job done.

Now for the mods: It has a agp wastegate turned up to 19 psi, mpx fmic, mpx 3inch exhaust with a qtp cutout, greddy catch can, mopar cai and i think that is about it.

Again, i know not much respect for the srt but i kninda see them like dsm's. Because i mean who repspects dsm's. Ha. Well not in my area, until they know that can't hang with us. Ha. Now for some pics.

Attachments

• IMAG0054.jpg
    IMAG0054.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMAG0065.jpg
    IMAG0065.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMAG0048.jpg
    IMAG0048.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMAG0046.jpg
    IMAG0046.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 47
i never have been a fan of the srt-4 i look at them as just a supped up neon

I love srt4's, nice car man, a lot of my buddies have em... fun cars and pretty cheap too

Thanks. And well, i just how its just that. People look at them like a supped up neon until they spool the turbo up and fly by them. Its cool, everyone's titled to their opinion. I still roll the gst so im happy with my 2 fwd's ha.

And indeed cheap. They are the "new" equivalent to the dsm. Cheap, fast and pretty cheap to make faster. Not to mention, more economical with the 4 doors. ha.

I love black vehicles, but I gotta say..I'm really not digging the black on the srt for some reason..

But really nice pick up..I would have kept the bike tho, more gas friendly..But thats definatly a very nice trade..I'd say you got the better end of the deal there..

In most states they do not specify what can and cannot be done to a front plate..So if nothing is listed for plate modification it's legal..

nice ride bro, funny to hear dsm owners say they hate neons, when the eclipse gs or rs are exactly the same thing as a neon.. srt4s are pretty cool, buddy of mine owns one.. cant believe ive never seen you eclipse though, i used to live in redding about 3 years ago.. but congrats!

nice ride bro, funny to hear dsm owners say they hate neons, when the eclipse gs or rs are exactly the same thing as a neon.. srt4s are pretty cool, buddy of mine owns one.. cant believe ive never seen you eclipse though, i used to live in redding about 3 years ago.. but congrats!

I dont see how the eclipse rs and gs are the exact same car as the neon, they look completely different, different chassis, different suspension, only thing thats the same is the 420a in the engine bay. Other cars use the 420a like the sebring or the avenger, but they are still different cars. Even if you take a mustang and swap out the engine with a 4g63 it's still a mustang just with an engine swap. I once owned a 96 rs and eventhough it had a 420a it was way nicer to drive in over a neon, seebring, or avenger.

I dont see how the eclipse rs and gs are the exact same car as the neon, they look completely different, different chassis, different suspension, only thing thats the same is the 420a in the engine bay. Other cars use the 420a like the sebring or the avenger, but they are still different cars. Even if you take a mustang and swap out the engine with a 4g63 it's still a mustang just with an engine swap. I once owned a 96 rs and eventhough it had a 420a it was way nicer to drive in over a neon, seebring, or avenger.

Umm The engine is no the same either.

I would pick an srt-4 stock any day as a daily driver. It is still a Neon to me.

Ok, I have to ask how a 96 RS is way nicer to drive than an Avenger? Is it the front and rear fascias, or was the Avenger clunky feeling because it's a couple inches longer? The interior is identical, so it can't be that.

Before I got my gst a few weeks ago I was gonna buy a stage 3 red srt-4.

Nice buy with some great mods to go with it. I'd ditch those eye lids and go for the "S" styled ones...looks much more aggressive. Tint the tails a bit and you'll be set. Oh, lower it too...those cars are 4x4s from the factory.

For stock turbo 19psi is pretty good. You won't get much more power out of them unless you've got a lot of supporting mods. I ran 26psi on mine daily, a spike of course, it would settle in the mid to high teens. I ran RC750s with no return line and a DTEC to pull fuel, 100% e85 though. It worked out quite well - you got a pretty decent amount of timing advance for the higher octane e85 and just enough to keep it lean. Other than that - you need to upgrade that turbo :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking for a decent Srt4 for a dd. I really like them

nice pick up bro, you mind saying how much you bought it for? I got 5 srt-4 sitting at my house currently...LOL my 792whp one, two buddies that are deployed 361&394whp, my neighbors 318whp and another friend came over pry 280ish, i've had mine since 08, and have just done about everything to it, its a simple platform, much like the dsm world, just costs a lil more since its newer and not as much bullet proof parts like the dsm...all that hp and no traction...if you ever need any advice on problem or potential parts you'd like to buy i know the best bang for the buck and the best vendors to go to....and just dont be like most srt owners....u do drive a neon....be discreet and if you do happen to humiliate someone and they tell you its a nice srt, just reply "its only a neon" still the fastest car under $22,000 new, and the only one to be in the 13s stock and get 30mpg....

The way I look at it is that they are the slightly retarded cousin to the dsm. You know, the one that was married into the family. You know the one, he sits on his hands, screams "hey you guuuuyyys!" And drools a lot. Still at least its not. " hey look at my small ##### and notice me" yellow.

I'll never understand why people hate these cars so much.

An srt4 is the only reason I ever modded my eclipse...its hard getting your butt handed to you by a neon :)

Umm The engine is no the same either.

I would pick an srt-4 stock any day as a daily driver. It is still a Neon to me.

I didn't say anything about the srt4 did I?? I was talking a normal neon.

Ok, I have to ask how a 96 RS is way nicer to drive than an Avenger? Is it the front and rear fascias, or was the Avenger clunky feeling because it's a couple inches longer? The interior is identical, so it can't be that.

A 2ga eclipse looks way better in so many ways I don't even know why you would ask. The only way the avenger even comes close is if you put the "ECLIPSE " 2GB front and rear bumpers on it and even then its trying to look like the car that just smashed it in looks.ROFL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back