The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

My New Avenger

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Really, dude?

1. Have you ever considered that the responses here that grind your gears are based on the posts we read from your end?
2. An Avenger is not a DSM. This is DSM101. I'll let you use any of the pages on the web to figure out why.

Introduced as a 2-door coupe in North America, the Dodge Avenger was built from 1995 to 2000 in a similar size and price class as the Dodge Daytona, which was discontinued in 1993. The Avenger, along with the similar Chrysler Sebring coupe, was built by Diamond Star Motors (DSM), a joint venture between Chrysler Corporation and Mitsubishi Motors, on a version of the Mitsubishi Galant platform (which also spawned the similar Mitsubishi Eclipse). Mitsubishi purchased Chrysler's share of the joint venture in 1995. Avengers and Sebring coupes built from 1995 to 1996 both have DSM markings in their engine compartments.

The Avenger had a 103 in (2.62 m) wheelbase and used either a 2.0 L straight-4 (the Chrysler 420A) or a Mitsubishi-designed 2.5 L V6. The 4-cylinder was coupled to either a five-speed manual transmission, shared with the Mitsubishi Eclipse and Eagle Talon, or a 4-speed automatic. The V6 was only available with the A604 transmission.[1]

Avengers are built off the 2g chassis. Alot of the interior components are exactly the same as well. I know exactly what you mean though. The only ones considered by the DSM community is t/e/l, or is it Stealth/3000gt, or maybe we'll throw in the galant VR-4 made in japan as well.

Now the scope of this site is just T/E/L, but thats a whole different thing, as well as that is what this car is commonly referred to as.

Want to know the ugly truth about post-95 cars as a whole? ;)

You've been here too long for this noob mess...

Wait you traded 3 1gs and 500$ for that??WTF
I'm along with you guys. That car looks a little rough to me for the money. Interior's clean (somewhat), exterior needs some work.

You mean out of ALL of those 1G's, you couldn't build a reliable daily driver?

3 non running 1G's with no motors. And $500 for a RUNNING car that will get me to get my daughter on weekends and enables me to depend on myself instead of bumming rides off people. Much for room, much more power, much less miles, yea. I think I did the right thing. I love it more than any of my 1G's. It's so much nicer.

It works and that is all that counts!

Yes, I could have built a reliable daily driver maybe. But that would take some time. I saw an opportunity and I took it. I was thinking for my daughter and I. I don't see how this is foolish at all. Now I can pick her up myself on weekends, take her to the park, the mall, the parts store, whatever. What happens if I have her and she needs to go to the hospital and I dont have a car. What happens if I all of a sudden need medicine, diapers, wipes, formula, etc? Now, all I do is buckle her in the car seat and go. If I thought for myself only, I would have kept the 3 non running pieces of crap that I love oh so much. But I'm not. Call me foolish. I needed a damn car. If I got a cheap ass broken down DSM that had no exhaust, broken windows, broken door handles, rust all over, BUT ran, you guys wouldn't have cared. But any other Tuner is unacceptable with 90% of you guys.

But any other Tuner is unacceptable with 90% of you guys.
That's not it at all.

Perhaps it's because we're not in your shoes where we needed a car quickly, but aside from needing a car your motive is a bit unjustified in our shoes.

Even if they didn't run, if the 1G's were all complete they're worth roughly $400-$500 each in parts as a whole; perhaps more if you took the time to part them out. That means you gave up a minimum of $1500 in DSM parts, and paid an additional $500 on top of that....meaning you paid $2000 for an Avenger that I would've hesitated to pay $1000 for in it's current condition.

Make sure the timing belt and water pump are in good shape on that beast....my buddy's wife had one with just under 100k on it and the timing belt failed which junked the motor.

I understand the whole -need a daily driver because of kid thing,- but what im trying to get at is i can go to a dealer auction and get a supernice 97-98 avenger like that for like 600-700 bucks and drive it home- a nice one that one looks to be pretty beat - thats my point:hmm:

I tried to reply a lot earlier, but I freaked-out and thought that virus was installing itself again.

Glad your little girl is good and your getting to see her. You know you could get the front-end panels from a black eclipse and make a Aclipsevenger? Bumper, lights, hood, fenders, should all bolt-up.

Otherwise, I'm confused about a couple of things:
And so what, Brownfinger, he likes another car more than a 1g. Get of the nuts. 1gs aren't some God-like car.

Iam not of the nutsWTF! But seriously you've obviously been left out of the loop on something: "Not God-like cars"? Whatever... Really? You didn't know?

Really, dude?

2. An Avenger is not a DSM. This is DSM101. I'll let you use any of the pages on the web to figure out why.

I'm lost on this. I know they aren't a 1G, or anything, BUT they do say DSM all over them, they were built by DSM at the DSM plant, on Diamond Star Parkway, so, how do we resolve this conundrum in our theology?

Will there/has there been a "Council of the Wisemen"?

I tried to reply a lot earlier, but I freaked-out and thought that virus was installing itself again.

Glad your little girl is good and your getting to see her. You know you could get the front-end panels from a black eclipse and make a Aclipsevenger? Bumper, lights, hood, fenders, should all bolt-up.

Otherwise, I'm confused about a couple of things:

Iam not of the nutsWTF! But seriously you've obviously been left out of the loop on something: "Not God-like cars"? Whatever... Really? You didn't know?

I'm lost on this. I know they aren't a 1G, or anything, BUT they do say DSM all over them, they were built by DSM at the DSM plant, on Diamond Star Parkway, so, how do we resolve this conundrum in our theology?

Will there/has there been a "Council of the Wisemen"?

Thank you BrownFinger. I still consider these DSM's. This site focus's on t/e/l. Maybe that is why some may not consider them DSM's. I however didn't know they were built in the DSM factory.

I wanted to put an Eclipse front end on it. But if I need to swap the radiator support to complete it, then I am not going to mess with it. Or maybe that's if you are swapping the headlights too? I would keep the Avenger headlights. If I can go out it without swapping the radiator support and the nose and fenders are bolt on, I will try it out. I also would like to keep the Avenger hood. I am digging the "V" that runs down it.

I believe Lando is referring to the fact that nothing built after June of 1995 can actually be referred to as a "DSM". There's a chance that early 1995-model Avengers could have DSM tags on it, but anything after that would be labeled as "Mitsubishi Motor Manufacturing of America". Still built out of the same plant, but a slight techicality on the name.

Nope! Somewhere in there they changed the name on the factory, they changed the name of the street to Mitsubishi Motorway, and all the workers got new shirts that said "MMMA". They just sold cars to Chrysler then.

Haha. Wow. I kinda want to cry.

I don't think I am going to do the Eclipse Front End Swap on the Avenger. There's alot of re-wiring. And I would have to swap the radiator support as well. Love the idea though. The only thing I have planned for this car at the moment is to fix the dent, and maybe make the white fade into the black. I have a friend that can do it for me. I just have to buy the supplies.

Hmm..Hmm...Hmm! :hellyeah:

Attachments

• avengerdsmfrontclip.jpg
    avengerdsmfrontclip.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 72
  • avengerdsmrearclip.jpg
    avengerdsmrearclip.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 70
  • avengerdsmenginebay.jpg
    avengerdsmenginebay.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 68
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back