The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

My New 91' AWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

habitatguy187

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 20, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
CAR IS BONE STOCK ASIDE FROM A BOOST CONTROLLER SET TO 14PSI

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

^^Factory CD player!

Don't mind the mess inside, I was swapping the stock ecu back in since I forgot that my link cable is at a buddies house. Paid $700 for the car, and if you were following my other thread I thought that the alarm system was preventing it to crank since the PO said it was going on and off by itself a few days before it stopped cranking.

Turns out it that the ground on the starter had broken off from inside the clip. Swapped over my old starter from my fwd and voila! Running driving awd with 97k miles on the clock for $700 (~$900 after gas and trailer)

The body is VERY clean, with no rust anywhere that I can see. Vacuum gauge reads -20 but the PO said that the #1 cylinder only showed 110psi on a compression test. There's also a nice tapping noise coming from that area. I seafoamed it but as I figured it didn't help any. Aside from that everything seems to be working great. I've only put about 10 miles on it so far but it's boosting fine at 14psi. The windows work great (LOL), CD player and radio work great too. Overall I couldn't be happier for the price I paid.

I really hate you guys that find deals like this

Clean 1g. Any chance of an engine bay shot

Just your normal bone-stock engine bay minus I moved the battery down onto the subframe today. It still has the stock aircan, just with a hole cut in it.

I'm just glad that I'm done with FWD. Man was that a nightmare LOL. This car (stock except for upped boost to 14psi) pulls much harder in first than my modded fwd did just because I can put all the power down now.

does that stock cd player / stereo work?
If so I'll buy it off of you, I really miss the orange sickly glow of a stock stereo

Car looks good Chris, now lower that bi*** ;)

Am I confused? He's Brad, I'm Chris... Unless I woke-up in the twilight-Zone.

Looks exactly like my car. Good on ya.
That's another reason I thought I woke-up in an alternate universe.

Congrats. Looks like a sick-good deal:hellyeah: Are you glad now that I didn't buy your longblock?

Nice deal! How well was it maintained? I got mine for $1200 and it was mint, but it sat forever and of course the entire suspension and driveline need going over, so it kinda is becoming a question now if it was worth buying.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back