The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

My Little Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyGrowsCold

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 10, 2003
Barnegat, New_Jersey
Well this is my little project I'm working on finally decided I might as well post it up with a little history to it.

I drove about two hours away to pick the car up upon arriving and a quick inspection found it had a massive fuel leak from the injector o-ring, boost leaks and had been parked in a garage for I don't know how long. After a few hours of tinkering, throwing in smaller injectors (the car was chipped for 650cc but for some reason seemed to be getting too much fuel) and scavenging together o-rings from random injectors that were laying around the car was moving under its own power and the decision was made to attempt to drive it back home. The car was gently driven (read probably could have pushed it faster than it was accelerated from stops) as to try and avoid any damage to the engine being as untuned as it was. All was going well until we hit traffic which the car did not enjoy and showed by literally blowing up the stock radiator it looked like a grenade went off and sending pieces of plastic radiator all over the engine bay and quite a bit of white smoke into the air. This of course made some of motorists in stopped traffic jump, give dirty looks, and even some cheering.

Fast forward a few miles of pushing off the parkway than down an exit ramp and a few hours of waiting for the tow truck it was finally home. It was pretty late at this point in time the wife was, lets say not happy, to see my new to me car being brought home on a tow truck after I had sold my mint BMW that she enjoyed to get my DSM (rule is to get a new toy I have to sell an old one). Well a few months later I've probably driven the car a few times and have been working on it when able mostly removing electrical tape and properly soldering wires and fixing little things here and there. Removing some electrical tape showed the plug for the MAFS was extremely hacked with frayed wires and barley hanging on which impressed me the car drove as long as it did.

That’s my little story and I plan to make a journal to keep track of things I find/replace and do with the car. This community has been great in helping with some of the questions I have had to help get the car going. I hope one day to have it be restored to something that can resemble what a DSM should look like.

Here is a picture the day after it was rolled off the tow truck. Notice the aftermarket front bumper speed ties and weight reducing front bumper trimming. :ohdamn:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back