The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Drag Race Build my journey to a 9sec street car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got everything I needed to install the first firebottle kit ordered. Once it all gets here I’ll try to get to work on getting it installed.
I did however get an early valtines day present from my wife

A1664E82-C857-4C79-BD66-831D99109EC6.jpeg

These should go well with some future upgrades I’ll be doing once we get the kitchen done in our new house. More soon to come

Wow, those look like rose gold or something... probably just the camera angle - or was it because of Valentines Day? :)

Good woman you have there. :thumb:
The color is called titanium chrome LOL. In person it looks like a bronze color. She has been the biggest supporter with this build

One half of my bracket showed up. Just waiting on the roll bar mount and I’ll start getting lines ran for this thing
5F8A7803-3D95-469F-9458-1835165A2F38.jpeg

096E61EF-42B5-4B0B-A11C-9A5E102A5387.jpeg

planning on mounting the engine bay release in the center console where the cigarette lighter port is. The kit I’m going to get for the cabin area I’m thinking of making a bracket to come through where the vent by the drivers door is in this position.

CA568B0B-F3DB-4AD0-B39F-F110405D35F6.jpeg

might make this one a bolt on to the cage in case I decide to move it later on. Still undecided on it

Little update. So decided the engine bay firebottle release cable was going to be on the center console. Looking around the hole where the cigarette lighter seemed to be the best choice. So I decided to strap myself in the car and see if it would actually work with me in position.
E5EC2804-0302-4742-A865-F400C5F5DCA2.jpeg

this is with my hand on the shifter in the drive position. I then pulled my hand back to see how comfortable it was to grab in that area

EAF5B857-D564-419C-BE8A-8C7A14D27E1F.jpeg

felt pretty good to me so it was time to make things work. Obviously that hole there was way to big for the handle to bolt into. I had a sheet of aluminum laying around so I took a hole saw and cut out a washer to fit

46639596-FE74-4251-900D-C99D5AF77227.jpeg

cleaned it up a little to test fit and this is what I came up with
EC4DDD48-A5CE-4260-BCB2-B212B9BE83F2.jpeg

176E3E25-7A44-44FB-A4AD-B5E2E5A66C7B.jpeg

little washer on the backside to help hold everything I place. Still need to clean the washer I cut out up a little more and I’ll probably paint it black so it blends in.

Little update. So decided the engine bay firebottle release cable was going to be on the center console. Looking around the hole where the cigarette lighter seemed to be the best choice. So I decided to strap myself in the car and see if it would actually work with me in position.
View attachment 622692
this is with my hand on the shifter in the drive position. I then pulled my hand back to see how comfortable it was to grab in that area

View attachment 622693

felt pretty good to me so it was time to make things work. Obviously that hole there was way to big for the handle to bolt into. I had a sheet of aluminum laying around so I took a hole saw and cut out a washer to fit

View attachment 622694

cleaned it up a little to test fit and this is what I came up with
View attachment 622695

View attachment 622696
little washer on the backside to help hold everything I place. Still need to clean the washer I cut out up a little more and I’ll probably paint it black so it blends in.
It looks like a good spot aesthetically, but might it make sense to keep it in reach of a track worker/safety worker in the event you're incapacitated? Not that we ever want to think that way, but the more options we give safety crew members to help us at the scene, the better, right? Just a thought.

It looks like a good spot aesthetically, but might it make sense to keep it in reach of a track worker/safety worker in the event you're incapacitated? Not that we ever want to think that way, but the more options we give safety crew members to help us at the scene, the better, right? Just a thought.
I’ve been back and forth on where these should go. My thought was have the one for the cabin where anyone could reach it and the one for the engine bay where I could. I may change it again as nothing is set in stone right now

Decide to mess around with bottle mounting after work tonight.. the original plan was to mount it on the d bar but since I’m running a rear seat it doesn’t look like it’ll work out well. Next option is the harness bar. The harness bar location seems to be the best option as far as being out of the way and being able to see the gauge to monitor bottle health

C87EA20D-3A37-4DC5-9E1E-24E7CF54FC60.jpeg

3AC7D2AB-62F5-4DD7-8D5B-FB32EE008560.jpeg

This was taken with me kneeling outside or the door. Kind of hard to see the gauge this way. Rotating the bottle helped some but was still a chore LOL

6B1ED3D2-87C4-4024-9EA5-D552AA924288.jpeg

The more I look at this one the more I like where it’s at. I’m open to any opinions or suggestions. More to come

So I finally got the first fire suppression kit installed. I have to say I’m not super thrilled with myself and how it turned out. Functionally it’ll work great but esthetics wise I’m not too happy LOL I spent the better part of two hours figuring out where to bring the line through on the firewall. I’ll probably re run it once I swap engines. But this is basically the under hood layout for now.

7997471A-F5B8-4A9C-A5AA-5BA13B462444.jpeg

00D33ECF-52CB-4648-B98F-ABA982BF806B.jpeg

Not sure how I feel about running it this way either.

5359B299-F61C-48E5-8D76-CEA540A5F504.jpeg

Few things I’d like to change later but it will serve its purpose for the time being.

Then came the bottle and line up to it. Super annoyed with this one. Had a good bend to it with one slight hiccup and it just went downhill from there imo. Gave up so I didn’t destroy the line in the process

6D4D407A-B746-4F8A-A588-DDD43670D734.jpeg

The tubing bender I had and the position I was in made for a rough time LOL. May cut this section and do a 4an tube nut and run a short soft line here.

Easiest part was the handle mounting. Especially since I had it all Planned out previously LOL

43894C96-D5D6-448F-90B1-2C41AC10FDD1.jpeg

all in all I’m ok with it. It’ll do it’s job for now and I’ll make some adjustments later to make it more appealing.

Those tubing benders can get tricky if you're limited on space to maneuver. It works! Dress it up with some wire loom if you get self conscious :)
I never thought of that but that would work perfect! Yea it was a total pain LOL. I may get a couple fittings and some 4an and attach it that way too at the bottle that way it would make servicing the system easier.

Lookin good. Funny how it looks like it means business next to the Genesis Coupe.
We definitely have the beauty and the beast look going LOL the wife bought her genesis bone stock and has turned it into that. It has a evo 8 turbo on it currently. Still need to find someone to finish the tune on it

Not much of an update. I’ve had to focus more on our new house so the car has been on the back burner. Still gets drove but hasn’t been to the track yet. Did get the green light from the wife on ordering the billet transfer gears from libertys gear. Here’s some new pics that were taken of the ole girl

315F59E1-29AB-4DD0-979A-857279E145B2.jpeg
AF3BF2EF-35B6-4C6A-80F9-0A946B8E8D2C.jpeg
E02DC88A-A7F4-4F8A-AFF5-A45B85BB49B1.jpeg
4A0BBE66-10EA-4886-9342-F1B31FE7C732.jpeg

Toss them "GENTLY"!!!!
Aren't they PRETTY??? ;)

I hear "good" things (all might have something bad) about Xona. Adriana Noonan likes them. She has nice car!

Got one of the tapered bearings ordered today to get these billet gears put in. Had to pull one of the gears out of my spare trans to rob the bearings off of so that I can swap to the new gears so it’ll be a quick (knock on wood) job to just swap out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back