The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

my heads are f#&%$@ bearings screwed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody Morris

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 5, 2002
Plano_Texas
I have been having trouble with the car, it wouldn't start, but everything sounded good when it rotated when trying to turn it over, it just wouldn't start. I was told to check all my lifters, so I was going to clean them all and decompress them, etc... I pop off the bearing caps, and the ones on 1st cylinder near cam wheels were screwed. The camshafts bearings for that area were screwed, along with the bearing on the actual head where the camshafts rest. It did this on both camshafts and caps, in the exact same place. The bearings are stripped and edged in and basically unsalvagable I assume, without having to re-work the whole head to balance it all. Does anybody know what or why this would happen. The bearing caps were torqued to factory specs. It is a 2nd Gen turbo head with port/polish job, Crower Springs, SS valves, and the cams were GVR4 cams. I am wondering if the cams do not match up to that head, or if the idiot that did the head work clogged an oil passage maybe, or something, because this is all beyond me. Heads were basically brand new, and now I am going to have to get new ones. Any info would be helpful. I can't get pics up yet, but I will try later on this week. By and by, it did all this without the car even starting, just from it turning slowly when trying to start it.

english never was my best subject, so sorry to offend. was in a hurry. how about my head is fu#*&$! So does anyone know what happened?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back