The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

My GST Shutters when I accelerate.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chr0n03939

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 6, 2004
Lake tahoe, California
Hi, First off i'm new to these boards, i did search for my problem but i couldn't find any helpful info. Bascially what happens is when i press hard on the gas pedal, my car shutters and it doesn't seem like i am getting any more power. I don't know what is happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and i'll give more info if needed.

Also check your fuel regulator....and filter...I replaced fuel reg. and she accelerates fine till 4k becuse of leaking/or bad turbo....I have no leaks...

My guess would be either a boost leak or your spark plugs/wires. First I would check the spark plugs and wires. If the plugs are clean, don't worry about them. If the wires are at all cracked or bare, they could be grounding out on the valve cover under a heavy load, and starving your engine of spark. This happened to me on my car (especially if the insulation gets melted by your valve cover).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back