The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

my girlfriend hates my car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellraz0r1337

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 14, 2005
niskayuna, New_York
hey i was just wondering how many of you guys are either broke / or about to be dumped becuase your car takes up to much time

no joke i goto college / work / come home work on the car till 12 and then come inside and my gfs just sitting there looking at me i mean i go out with her some times .... when the car is running good

just thought it would be hillarious to see how many of you are actually like me i guess

Yeah I was like this for about 3 months, and just complained about the car for another 2 afterwards. DSMs wreck havoc on relationships.

I was! with this really hot chick but I had to bail on her because my car broke down. :(
Then it went down hill from there.
But yeah damn dsm's will screw you when ever they can, like when your late for work too.

maybe you all are just not dating the right girls. my girl complains sometimes, it's mostly only when it's down which is all the time so do the math. but when it's running she doesnt complain at all, she won't ride with me either though cause we're both afraid of my car breaking down when we go somewhere and not having a ride back home. but she loves it when it's running, she cant wait for me to take it to the track. she's into cars so she doesnt mind it too much, just when i spend more time with my car than her. but i make it up to her, roses go a long way. especially when women think you're going out just to play with your car again and u come back 15 minutes later with a dozen roses :thumb:

My wife complains that my car is too fast already WTF And that I shouldn't be trying to make it faster. I don't think she's ever actually been in a fast car.

^^^ I agree totally, and I can add to it: My wife thinks I love my car more than I love HER. :)

da kang3 said:
maybe you all are just not dating the right girls. my girl complains sometimes, it's mostly only when it's down which is all the time so do the math. but when it's running she doesnt complain at all, she won't ride with me either though cause we're both afraid of my car breaking down when we go somewhere and not having a ride back home. but she loves it when it's running, she cant wait for me to take it to the track. she's into cars so she doesnt mind it too much, just when i spend more time with my car than her. but i make it up to her, roses go a long way. especially when women think you're going out just to play with your car again and u come back 15 minutes later with a dozen roses :thumb:

my girlfriend HATES roses. i got screwed out of that deal.

My gf has no idea what a dsm is, so i'll let you take it from there. Not to mention I work on the all day and usually goes into the night. So when ever i want to work on my car(which is on jack stands now) she asks what happend to the guy that she first started dating. I tell her that guy didn't have an eclipse. :rocks:

My gf is pretty cool with me & my car...but she did tell me that I needed to 'stop buying crap for it' because I 'need to stop adding to my debt if I want (her) around'... She told me that she wasn't threatening, but if we are going to have any future together then we need to start saving up. :boring:

My gf didnt mind my car it was my buddys cars she didnt like because i would work on theres all day and night and when she did see me i was covered in oil, grease, bondo dust, and anything you can think of i had to take a shower before i got a hug. She actually tried to help most of the time with mine i miss her. :cry:

I think I'm a lucky one of the few that has a girlfriend who also has a DSM. She even had it before I met her! My car has broken down a couple times to the point where I couldn't see her till later, but we always make it work.

I think if a girl doesn't let you have a hobby you have problems. You can both still have seperate lives and then have a life with each other. I know both my girl and I have friends that we hang out with seperately. It makes things so much better because then you don't get sick of each other.

MSRmechanic said:
I think I'm a lucky one of the few that has a girlfriend who also has a DSM. She even had it before I met her! My car has broken down a couple times to the point where I couldn't see her till later, but we always make it work. QUOTE]

My girlfriend also has a DSM which she had prior to us being together. She appreciates a good DSM...she just isn't that enthusiastic about me getting all the 'extras' for my car, which she sees as completely unnecessary... :toobad:

I bought the car for myself, If she doesnt like my car she doesnt have to deal with it and she could leave me. Luckily she doesnt and it works out nicely haha

Hey.. you all make good points.. Can someone please explain this to my BF? He got me into fast cars (I've always been into cars in general) and now he complains like a girl when I have to work on my car. He's more capable of working on it than I am but he doesn't like to work on my car (gee, I wonder why).. He asks what happen to the girl he fell in love with and I tell him that he conviced her to buy a fast car.. LOL.. I think I may go him roses and see if that smoothes things over.. LOL

maybe cause hes jealous of your car?

you should dump him and find a real man that would be right there with you to help you work on your car. unfortunately for me, im 3k miles away on the other side of the country. but im sure theres capible single dsm guys in your area whou wouldnt think twice about a chick with a dsm and the possibilities........

The first DSM we bought was mine. Now I find all of the new ones for My husband to work on. :p :p :p
Julia :talon:

Wow the females talk in this thread!!. Don't take offense by it, god talk more LOL. I like to see a female trying to learn the automotive area. As far as I see it your doing a good job, keep up the work on those cars. :thumb:

My wife doesnt like it when I'm working on the Talon but she loves to ride in it once I'm done. She calls it the "beast". LOL

talondude4 said:
Wow the females talk in this thread!!. Don't take offense by it, god talk more LOL. I like to see a female trying to learn the automotive area. As far as I see it your doing a good job, keep up the work on those cars. :thumb:
Ya just a need a thread to get us going :p
Julia :talon:

My gf used to hate my car with a passion because she thought I cared about it more than I did about her. That was really the only fights we ever got in :|

Somehow, that's all changed now. She's really taken an interest in cars...

She says the RS on her 3G stands for "really slow"...and wants to buy a 95-96 Talon TSi or 97-99 Eclipse GST Spyder. She also loves SRT-4's. WTF Talk about a complete 180..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back