The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

My fuse box relocation (project log)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I got the headlights wrapped up. I managed to get everything to fit inside the stock housing, so only a tiny bit of trimming on the back caps on the MLED was required to clear the fan. And the black bezel inside the lens cleared fine so that didn't need to be trimmed either. Once I confirm they're sealed well, I'll get them covered with XPEL to keep the lenses looking good. Since our cars use a switch to ground for the lights, I had to use a relay to change that so that the positive wire is the switch. The MLED driver didn't like the switch to ground and would turn the high beams on no matter what position the switch was in. Can't wait for Spring to see them in action!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 36
I got the headlights wrapped up. I managed to get everything to fit inside the stock housing, so only a tiny bit of trimming on the back caps on the MLED was required to clear the fan. And the black bezel inside the lens cleared fine so that didn't need to be trimmed either. Once I confirm they're sealed well, I'll get them covered with XPEL to keep the lenses looking good. Since our cars use a switch to ground for the lights, I had to use a relay to change that so that the positive wire is the switch. The MLED driver didn't like the switch to ground and would turn the high beams on no matter what position the switch was in. Can't wait for Spring to see them in action!

View attachment 622013 View attachment 622014 View attachment 622015 View attachment 622016 View attachment 622017 View attachment 622018 View attachment 622019View attachment 622021
man this is nice and so clean, the light output is amazing on its own!

It's not much of an update, but I made this little stainless steel heat shield today and covered it in Aero-Lite like a lot of my other parts. Hopefully this will protect the timing covers a little bit. I still have the charred/melty ones on and will keep them on for the first track day, and if they don't get any worse I'll swap a new set on (yet again). I think the water leak at the wastegate was the main culprit at the last track day, so hopefully that stays fixed now. If I have to fix it again, I'll just weld the damn fittings onto the wastegate and be done with it!

20210309_202819.jpg

20210309_203359.jpg

I also started working on a cold air box. I have a 3D printed front bumper cold air duct on the way from @Gsx-Dude that will feed it (super nice piece he makes, I'm excited to get it). I'm relatively happy with this design, but I'm still going to ponder on it for a little bit to see if I can improve it any before starting to fabricate. I have enough aluminum sheet left over from my other projects to make it but will need to order more Aero-Lite if I want to wrap it. The contours aren't on the SolidWorks model, but the bottom edges will be contoured to match the chassis for a decent seal along with rubber trim and foam gasket in other places.

Screenshot 2021-03-09 210705.png

Screenshot 2021-03-09 210743.png

20210309_203605.jpg

Last edited:
It's not much of an update, but I made this little stainless steel heat shield today and covered it in Aero-Lite like a lot of my other parts. Hopefully this will protect the timing covers a little bit. I still have the charred/melty ones on and will keep them on for the first track day, and if they don't get any worse I'll swap a new set on (yet again). I think the water leak at the wastegate was the main culprit at the last track day, so hopefully that stays fixed now. If I have to fix it again, I'll just weld the damn fittings onto the wastegate and be done with it!

View attachment 624265

View attachment 624266

I also started working on a cold air box. I have a 3D printed front bumper cold air duct on the way from @Gsx-Dude that will feed it (super nice piece he makes, I'm excited to get it). I'm relatively happy with this design, but I'm still going to ponder on it for a little bit to see if I can improve it any before starting to fabricate. I have enough aluminum sheet left over from my other projects to make it but will need to order more Aero-Lite if I want to wrap it. The contours aren't on the SolidWorks model, but the bottom edges will be contoured to match the chassis for a decent seal along with rubber trim and foam gasket in other places.

View attachment 624264

View attachment 624263

View attachment 624267
Nice mug shot on that heat shield. :)

The cardboard work is looking good on the CAI. I remember working on something similar. I even opened up that round hole in the sheet metal to allow more air in. But I never finished it. It'll be nice to see how yours get done.

Looking back your thread, I wanted to know about how you are running Race capture and ECM link sensors at the same time. Are you running two sensors? splitting signals? Other tricks?

Looking back your thread, I wanted to know about how you are running Race capture and ECM link sensors at the same time. Are you running two sensors? splitting signals? Other tricks?

I use some aftermarket sensors that are split to both the RaceCapture and ECMLink: fuel pressure, AFR, IAT, Boost, ethanol (flex fuel) sensor, and oil pressure. All of these (with the exception of ethanol and IAT) are a voltage output and can be split to run to both. The IAT doesn't read quite right on RaceCapture and I never took the time to try to fix it and should have just skipped it anyway. The ethanol output is a frequency which works well with the RC through a frequency input.

Other signals going to RaceCapture come from the ECU: RPM, CEL, TPS. I also have fuel level tapped from the stock sender.

And there are some aftermarket sensors that only go to RaceCapture, not ECMLink: water pressure switch (switch has never worked well), engine temp, oil temp, transmission temp, and brake pressure. I use two-wire temperature senders so these signals can't be split to the ECMLink as well. If you use three-wire senders, then you could split the signal if you want. But I'm out of ECMlink inputs anyway.

I did have to use both an AnalogX and SensorX to wire everything to RaceCapture. The AnalogX is because I ran out of inputs on RaceCapture, and the SensorX is just to make the temp sensor wiring neater since they require resistors.

Here's a link to my RaceCapture wiring diagram in case it helps.

Edit: Didn't realize Google sheets would automatically embed. Sweet feature @Ludachris !

Last edited:
We did the final track prep on the car tonight for the first event of the season, Pocono May 1-2 with the local Corvette club. I'll be getting some brake temp data for the first time ever so it will be interesting to see what those reveal and if I'm using the most appropriate pad. AP Racing strips on the calipers and 800/1000/1200F Tempilaq on the rotors.

20210421_192109.jpg
20210421_192118.jpg

We did the final track prep on the car tonight for the first event of the season, Pocono May 1-2 with the local Corvette club. I'll be getting some brake temp data for the first time ever so it will be interesting to see what those reveal and if I'm using the most appropriate pad. AP Racing strips on the calipers and 800/1000/1200F Tempilaq on the rotors.

View attachment 627784View attachment 627785
Nice. Now that's a real deal brake set up. What pads are you planning to use?

View attachment 627784View attachment 627785
Just noticed n the AP calipers there is not front bleed nipple? Am i missing a trick here LOL or is that just a big huge cover over it? Im used to seeing the small caps like the rears are using

Nice. Now that's a real deal brake set up. What pads are you planning to use?
Prior to last year, I was using Carbotech XP12 front, XP10 rear. Last year, I switched the fronts to G-LOC R16. I like the R16's and think they're a good fit for the car. But the rotor paint should confirm I'm in the right heat range for them. And the caliper strips will let me know if I'm getting the calipers too hot and should be rebuilding them periodically. I really doubt I'm pushing them that hard, though.

Last edited:
Just noticed n the AP calipers there is not front bleed nipple? Am i missing a trick here LOL or is that just a big huge cover over it? Im used to seeing the small caps like the rears are using
No tricks here, the cover is just a huge one. They're actually really nice and fit very snug! Those came with the calipers.

No tricks here, the cover is just a huge one. They're actually really nice and fit very snug! Those came with the calipers.
Interestinf that, i wonder why its massive compared to the normal caps that are uses. My only guess is this stops all dirt getting into the thread surface area and not just the hole is my thought

Prior to last year, I was using Carbotech XP12 front, XP10 year. Last year, I switched the fronts to G-LOC R16. I like the R16's and think they're a good fit for the car. But the rotor paint should confirm I'm in the right heat range for them. And the caliper strips will let me know if I'm getting the calipers too hot and should be rebuilding them periodically. I really doubt I'm pushing them that hard, though.
These AP units are they the dust seal-less ones (race spec) and with stainless pistons that are vented / gas ports? Once you know your temps you can look into running brake ducts and that might help cool if so needed

These AP units are they the dust seal-less ones (race spec) and with stainless pistons that are vented / gas ports? Once you know your temps you can look into running brake ducts and that might help cool if so needed
Correct. It's this kit:

They actually don't recommend brake ducts if it can be avoided. I doubt it will be needed on my setup, but we'll see!

Apparently my supervisor at work was at Pocono with you..

He's not a DSM guy, but appreciates a nice car when he sees one.. was rather impressed with your build :hellyeah:

Very cool, what a small world! :) There were so many different Corvette's there I was having a hard time keeping track of them all, but was that a C6 ZR1? I think there were only a couple of red ones in my group.

I didn't even get a chance to unload the car from the trailer yet much less go through the data and video, but I'll be putting together a recap this week hopefully.

Very cool, what a small world! :) There were so many different Corvette's there I was having a hard time keeping track of them all, but was that a C6 ZR1? I think there were only a couple of red ones in my group.

I didn't even get a chance to unload the car from the trailer yet much less go through the data and video, but I'll be putting together a recap this week hopefully.
Yep, it was his first time out with it so he was taking it easy (that and it's tuned for e85... and he didn't plan ahead to check availability of e in the area so he was running 93 instead..).. though I'm pretty sure he's just making excuses for why he got passed ROFL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back