The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

My fuse box relocation (project log)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When i pull my spark plugs out on my daily i get red deposits on them but small. I use fuel cleaner every few months so is just a side effect of that

Is it stinky? like sulpher?
Nah its just a fine like powder that burns on. I not noticed any smell from it. The ceramics tend to go red/brown vs staying while or light tan. Im not sureif i got my old plugs anymore but if i doni shall snap a pic.

I have not opened up the system on my daily to see how far if any it goes back. Some cleaners are worse then others. But i dont know from one to the next as i only ever use 2 versions myself

Ooof, well it would be interesting to know if there is metal degradation under it.

Many questions:
Does it come off easily?
Is just iron reacting this way or is it all exposed surfaces?
I'll bet your WB02 gets some residue - do they last long?

I'm guessing your fuel setup is way reactive - like corrosive - at high temps on iron.
I'm usually only cleaning it from the tailpipe and it cleans off easily with wheel cleaner and a brush. I'm also able to clean it off the o2 housing etc. with some brake cleaner or solvent like that. The wbo2 sensor gets coated just like everything else, but I'm on the same NTK production grade sensor I've always had with the Ballenger Motorsports AFR500 since 2015. In fact, every time I go to calibrate it (which is once or maybe twice a year when it's convenient), it never needs adjusting. In comparison to how many sensors I went through with the Innovate LC-1, I love this thing and have no idea why more people don't use it!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back