The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

My friend is stupid!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i don't think your friend is that stupid at all. i think he pulled a fast one just to fool you. think about it, you said you're from jersey and that's where your friend is. the car is located in NYC which is right next door to the garden state. why didn't you think (even for a second) that he could've just driven and checked out that car in person. and being so close to jersey, why would anyone pay $1,500 for delivery when driving the car is the best part (a 700 whp supra at that). it doesn't matter what part of jersey you are from, NYC is not that far away from the furthest boonies of jersey. i think your friend didn't get scammed, :tease: you did... for believing him to begin with!

great story though.

rjdavis21 said:
so what ever happened to this guy?
What guy? my friend got scamed and the other dude is now 7500 dollars richer. :toobad:

GOT 2RBO: i doubt i got scamed by my friend. i found out that he was gonna buy a car thru some other person, well unless he's scaming all of us - i dont really see a point in this. Plus its not like i'll care too much, its his money and he can do what ever he wants. and im going to jersey on tuesday so ill find out for sure, but im sure im right.

rjdavis21 said:
ok so your friend sent the dude the money and got scammed?
Yup send the money and now the dude is gone, nowhere to be found

I sent this to the guy: 5/22/2005 5:37pm

Is this car still for sale? And if so, could we arrange a time I could come look at it. I am very interested in this car and I have the money to buy it.

And he replied: 5/22/2005 5:39pm

Hi Nick,

As you noticed from the pictures, the car doesn't have any damage, it is in
very good condition, comes with clear title, keys and all the papers that
you'll need for registration.The only way to sell the car is through an
escrow company so please let me know if you are still interested.I'm a
serious seller and a fair trader and I prefer to deal only with a serious
buyer. If you consider yourself one please e-mail me back and I will provide
you with further information about purchasing the car so we can start our
deal.Thank you,
Robert

Don't mean to bring this back from the dead, but since I'm in contact with him maybe there's some way I could help.

ndilo21 said:

Is this car still for sale? And if so, could we arrange a time I could come look at it. I am very interested in this car and I have the money to buy it.

Hi Nick,

deal.Thank you,
Robert

Don't mean to bring this back from the dead, but since I'm in contact with him maybe there's some way I could help.
Well maybe you can try to buy the car from him, and he'll give you his address, name, phone i dont really know what i would need from him. but if you got time to find out his info ill be sure to pass it along to my friend :thumb:

Edit*** the car isobviously still for sale, and it should be. im sure theres no car anyways, he even told you that its will all be done "thru some shipping company". :nono:

also, notice how you asked to see the car and he's trying to make it so u dont need to see it by telling you there's no damge or anything on the car .

i would go to that house that is entered into his yahoo profile and beat some pansy a$$

if this is legit I would get the police involved, if you can get his adress from him for shipping the money the cops don't have to do any looking for your friend's $7500 and the guy can be thrown in the slammer

Tsi_User said:
if this is legit I would get the police involved, if you can get his adress from him for shipping the money the cops don't have to do any looking for your friend's $7500 and the guy can be thrown in the slammer
Cops are involved, they are looking for him. He used lots of diffirent addresses so i guess they have to check all of them out. :confused:

man that really does sucks, sounds like this guys has done scams before. Hope your stupid friend gets his money back though :thumb:

wanna get him? send him a check against and account with no money in it. the check will bounce. now the bank is going to have on file a copy of the bounced check. wait a while and go see the bounced check. on the back where it is endorsed you will see the dude's valid account and bank. simply go to the police with this information, then they will get a warrant to sopeona the bank for the man's address. they will go there and arrest him.

in fact, this is probably what they are going to do anyway.

You're right, Your friend is stupid. Now he is wasting everyones time including the officers of the law, To try and get his money back. He was told my numerous people, And failed to listen. He doesn't deserve any help.

ndilo21 said:

Hi Nick,

deal.Thank you,
Robert

he replied within two mins????

Demagosos said:
he replied within two mins????

WTF
ya no.... this ALL seems like a steamy pile of bullshait. the cops are on his tail but this guy is still answerring emails for the car?

maybe he got sold some pictures instead of a car, LOL 7500 developing fee, kinda like kodak :p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back