The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

My FP68hta dsm at IDRC and more

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larrykoren

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
toledo, Ohio
Well I just got back from norwalk and the IDRC sport compact nationals. I ran pretty consistent. I ran 5 10.7X passes and a 10.85 and 10.9. SO it brings the count to like 15 10 second passes already. SO here are a bunch of videos for you to watch.

Also the quick 16 class finals was pretty sweet. A local guy with his supra (accelerated performance) and Kiggly racing with his FWD DSM went head to head. The dsm was on pace for a low 8 and his rod broke to pieces and he coasted to a 8.8 win vs the supras 9.0.

Emery from STM went 9.06. I have a 9.5 video of his but my friend didnt catch his 9.06 in the "ricer."

SO enjoy. My car is still running great and I am happy but kinda bored with running the same thing over and over and over. SO I am starting to remove the engine today and upgrade.

It was a scrocher too today. SO I am happy with these times. It was mid 80s and humid.

My videos
YouTube - ‪Eagle talon norwalk IDRC 10.73 FP68hta‬‏
YouTube - ‪Eagle talon norwalk idrc 10.75 fp68hta‬‏
YouTube - ‪Eagle talon norwalk IDRC 10.77 FP68hta‬‏
YouTube - ‪eagle talon norwalk idrc 10.79 fp68hta‬‏
YouTube - ‪eagle talon norwalk idrc 10.85 fp68hta‬‏

FINALS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRYfw3tqOf0

That's impressive consistency. :thumb: Since you said you were upgrading again, what do you have planned next?

Very nice!

Cant wait to see what you do next!

Yea until they start doing it. LOL. I would have killed for this last year. But after so many times, it gets somewhat monotonous BUT the real driving force is I feel there is no reason to keep beating on this stock engine when I am not going to really do much better ever. Everyone is the same so why risk breaking and beating it when its not gonna change or get better. Ya I could get cams, suspension or some other little things but it still will be only a little better. I feel I could just use this engine to be in my daily and have a full weight 11 sec daily at lower boost like 20-25psi. And then build an engine to go all out on. I do not want to put a big turbo on this stock engine because it will just blow it. And I want to go faster for sure. I mean I want 9s now but I know I will want to go even faster than that later. I really just wanna keep going faster. I do not know where I will be happy for sure. But I think this will be good to have a 100%street trim 11 sec car that with simple weight reductions could be almost as fast as these times. And then on the other car (my race car) just go all out. I really dont wanna push to break any little records. I mean a 14b auto awd, or 16g auto awd, or the fp68hta records might be cool but they are just to specific and not really that important overall. If the local that I have known for over 7 years (Bill Lowe, Showdown motorsports) can go 8.63 and had the gas record for a while, then I think I can look at a greater record than an auto awd 14b ect. I am not saying that those are not cool or great, but I just want to shoot for larger ones. I think I rather try to compete in the quick 16 class before trying to win the dst. I think the car is great but it leaves me wanting more. And as soon as I start making real money, I plan to see how far my gutted awd auto can go. I see english and I dont know about beating his record but I sure want to be able to compete in the same area as him. The car is awesome on the launch but ill tell you what, a mid 120 mph trap just leaves you wanting more. That is just not that fast period.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^

Ditto!

My old Camaro Went 10.60's-10.70 @ 126-127 all day long after about 4 years of doing so it got boring.....

Goodluck in whatever you plan to do with the car!

You really need some suspension work and you would probably drop a few tenths.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back