The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

My FP 3052 review so far.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16g-95gsx said:
I run an FP Green 7cm externally gated, my boost is as follows:

Taking 3rd gear as the standard for pulls, if initially floored at 2000rpms, it will real full boost (23psi) exactly at 3800rpms as logged with my GM 3bar sensor on DSMlink. I am curious how your 3052 compares, spool up is entirely based on what rpm you begin at, so I'm curious how it would fair starting at 2000rpms. If the same is done in 5th gear for me, I reach full boost by 3200-3300rpms. This is the standard bearing FP Green 7cm. If floored at 3000rpms, dsmlink doesnt log full boost until 4400rpms or so, just for comparisons sake.

Thus far, with my MAFT calibrated through DSMlink to read similar to a 2g MAS I have recorded around 2450hz and 46-48lb/min. Honestly I'm just curious about the spool difference in your car compared to mine, however the conditions must be 2000rpms exactly to begin the initial WOT, and then the measurement of full boost must be taken at a legit reading, mine being done through a logged sensor so it was easy. The FP Green and the FP 3052 are very comparible turbo's size wise, however I'd like to see how the spool up compares, and to see if the BB truly is worth it.

Can't help you out I don't have MAFT or DSMlink.

Ludachris said:
Please post a more formal review on this in our Parts Feedback section:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=47

I would do a formal review but I do not have any way of backing up my data. I have only an AFC and a logger for now. I would love to have raw data to sit down to and write up a good review on it ....but alas I only have my butt dyno for now.

I will be going to an AWD dyno in June quite possibly so I will post my results of that session.

16g-95gsx said:
You cant floor the car at 2000rpms in 3rd gear and then watch, or have someone watch for when you reach full boost and reference the RPM?

You use the data off the DSMLink for your info on here right? So how is it an accurate comparsion for me to go out and eyeball my boost gauge and tach and report back with my estimate. I don't like to compare one car to another because all cars behave different with various mods done to them.

This thread isn't a an FP green vs an FP 3052 thread, just my thoughts and findings about this turbo so far. The track and dyno numbers are the final word as far as performance go.

One of my buddies made 405fwhp at 25psi on pump gas with a FP3065, just for comparison......

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back