The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

My first

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

After a year I've of owning this car I've made a lot of progress on rebuilding it. The reason for the entire disassembly is because of the wonderful rust and the want to repaint it entirely. Most of it is already done and has been taken off the car. The photos are within the span of five months. Still debating on if I should keep the engine or perhaps just swap it.
20230505_133946.jpg
20230803_122829.jpg
20230926_165959.jpg
20231002_160511.jpg
20231006_151920.jpg
20231013_141610.jpg

SOHC-Life. I'm right there with you. Is that a 4g63? Very cool seeing so much attention to details happening here.

SOHC-Life. I'm right there with you. Is that a 4g63? Very cool seeing so much attention to details happening here.
Well its not the 4g63. It is the 4g64. Could swap the heads and make it stroker, but only time will tell. Trying to be as detailed as possible by labeling all the harness connectors and sorting through the bolts. It is quite fun though to see it all coming apart.

Well its not the 4g63. It is the 4g64. Could swap the heads and make it stro, but only time will tell. Trying to be as detailed as possible by labeling all the harness connectors and sorting through the bolts. It is quite fun though to see it all coming apart.
OK. Interesting. I have a 4G64 from 1992 in my van and the cylinder head is much different. I knew there were a few different variants. Yours has different intake and exhaust ports than mine. Stock it's a nice cruiser.
How's that wiring coming along? Definitely not the most fun part for me .

OK. Interesting. I have a 4G64 from 1992 in my van and the cylinder head is much different. I knew there were a few different variants. Yours has different intake and exhaust ports than mine. Stock it's a nice cruiser.
How's that wiring coming along? Definitely not the most fun part for me .
Well the 4g64 I have is... I believe stock from 97. It's more than likely a different variant. And I do agree that it was a good cruiser at stock really nice to drive.
And the wiring... I enjoyed it. I got it all out without breaking anything too major. I haven't been able to do any rewiring yet, but that may change my opinion about wiring LOL.

Well the 4g64 I have is... I believe stock from 97. It's more than likely a different variant. And I do agree that it was a good cruiser at stock really nice to drive.
And the wiring... I enjoyed it. I got it all out without breaking anything too major. I haven't been able to do any rewiring yet, but that may change my opinion about wiring LOL.
Right on. Yeah definitely a few SOHCs out there. What's your compression ratio? Mines the 8.5:1 situation.
As for wiring, it's always fun ripping it out! Looming new wire is a bit slower and methodical; however, when it's all cleanly done and functional, there's no better feeling.
Planning to keep the stock ECU? Are you running new leads because the old harness was degraded?

Right on. Yeah definitely a few SOHCs out there. What's your compression ratio? Mines the 8.5:1 situation.
As for wiring, it's always fun ripping it out! Looming new wire is a bit slower and methodical; however, when it's all cleanly done and functional, there's no better feeling.
Planning to keep the stock ECU? Are you running new leads because the old harness was degraded?
My compression ratio is 9.5:1, just the stock numbers for now.
And no, I want to get an EPROM so I can look at getting the dsm link. Also, I want to rewire a few things, or add in some toggle switches. Mainly for the door controls which were mutilated by the previous owner. Then of course taking some things out and just making it a bit more manageable in general.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back