The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

My first manifold build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSITurbo95

Probationary Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ohio, Ohio
So the stock t4 hotside on the holset is just too laggy for my likings. So after buying a Bullseye T3 BEP housing, and some piping and flanges I went to work. Now please bare with me, I don't have the skill set to tig weld a manifold yet (can barely lay a bead with tig anyways LOL but I am slowly getting there. Anywho in the mean time, I had to make do.

It is open T3, equal length manifold. The turbo flange is setup exactly where my DNP t4 is so fitment should not be an issue (hopefully).

Also, it is going to be heat wrapped, but hey function over form right?

Also ignore the slag and high spots on the welds, for some reason my ground connection was iffy.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hes going to use a Bep t3 hotside. Non divided. Looking better Ryan!

Why didn't you build a divided manifold to get the most out of the holset? But, not bad, seriously, you got 'er done.

I have the stock divided t4 housing atm.

Hes going to use a Bep t3 hotside. Non divided. Looking better Ryan!

Thanks, I got it cleaned up a bit more after this pic, but I said hell with it LOL. Going to be heat wrapped anyways ahaha.

Long as it does not leak, thats all tha matters. As you said form over factor. Or function over form.....LOL! Keep up the good work

I have the stock divided t4 housing atm.

Thanks, I got it cleaned up a bit more after this pic, but I said hell with it LOL. Going to be heat wrapped anyways ahaha.

So did you have a divided mani before or was it open-to divided turbine? Thanks

Have not updated this thread, but this has been completed for some time now. . .

man that looks sweet, not bad for an amateur, u should consider freelancing services on these kinda manifolds LOL

^ Thanks, but I need to practice my tig skills first haha. I did this manifold for a quick fix for my car, as at that time it was my daily so it could not be down for more than a weekend.

^ Gas, in my first post, I posted the issue, my ground clamp had faulty wiring :/

Damn it!!! I have been avoiding making a tubular manifold because I don't have a tig setup, but after seeing this I may have a twin scroll manifold in the near future.

I do understand having ground issues can cause issues. When welding stainless materials with copper flashed mig wire. It will crack under pressure and heat. It doesn't contain the nickel that stainless does. I'm not by any means trying to knock your attempt. Just adding helpful information.

^ Thanks for the advice. Being this is a temp fix, and many others have had great success with it, I think ill be fine until I can practice my tig skills and make an even better one.

Had a member custom make it for me, but I can't remember who, then I powder coated it :)

Dissimilar metals corrod also, as soon as you refine your welding I think you should outsource this style...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back