The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

My first Flatbed ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBentley

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 29, 2004
Los Gatos, California
WARNING: LONG STORY THAT YOU MIGHT NOT CARE ABOUT

Alrighty folks heres the deal.... im now part of the flatbed club and i have to say, im so not happy about it.:notgood:

So heres the story.... i started out yesterday in a good mood. My car was immaculate and on the way to work, i wasnt being messed with and i was hittin all the notes when i was jammin to my music. I pull up to work and get out, hit my lock button on the remote but nothing happens. Okay so what.... i brush it off cuse my other remote did that too but everthing was fine other than that.

So yeah, i go into work and get to buisness and im crankin shit out..... i finish early and im liek totally psyched!!:D

I say goodby to all the chefs and i go to leave.... i put the key in the ignition with a smile on my face and turn that son-o-mah-bish. No ignition.... no click like its even trying, batterys not dead cuse radio is working and my hud is working, check my lights and their working too. Check all fuses after my dad gets there, all good..... WTF?:mad:

Dad thinks it could be the battery is ####ed so we decide to come back the next day. Okay so were back and we get back to the car (im pissed cuse cats hang out around there and now i got ####in paw prints all over my newly washed sex beast). So now we got tools and shit so we can further diagnose the thing. He tests the voltage and the battery is fine... test the cables, fine.... WTF. Tehn we brainstorm on what it could be..... no powerwindows or locks, but radio goes on and dash lights come on? AH-HA! ####in stupid ass alram light is out... and it just so happens that the ###er is wired into the windows and locks!

Now its time to call the men in yellow.... flatbed that bi***!

We call em and they say its gonna be hours before we can get this thing on the flatbed and on the road, great. Then they show up in 30 min. He tries to figure this shit out cuse he thinks hes so smart.... goes over the same shit, finds the same shit we found, YEEE!

So then we get this thing ready to go on the flatbed and then this guy goes "i dont think well be able to put it on here cuse your car is so low.... well we will try anyways".

Well he wasnt kidding cuse he needed to use wood blocks to get my shit on there.

Okay so its on and now my car is sitting at a shop waiting for the alarm to be ripped out and the wires put back to stock......all cuse the previous owners put in an alarm that sucks!

Heres some pics of the guy loading it up... enjoy!

Attachments

• Get ready.jpg
    Get ready.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 344
  • Oh boi.jpg
    Oh boi.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 342
  • Dont touch thats my baby.jpg
    Dont touch thats my baby.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 344
  • On it.jpg
    On it.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 341
  • Tilt.jpg
    Tilt.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 350
  • Rear tilt.jpg
    Rear tilt.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 341
  • ON Flatbed.jpg
    ON Flatbed.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 339
MrBentley said:
WARNING: LONG STORY THAT YOU MIGHT NOT CARE ABOUT

Alrighty folks heres the deal.... im now part of the flatbed club and i have to say, im so not happy about it.:notgood:

So heres the story.... i started out yesterday in a good mood. My car was immaculate and on the way to work, i wasnt being messed with and i was hittin all the notes when i was jammin to my music. I pull up to work and get out, hit my lock button on the remote but nothing happens. Okay so what.... i brush it off cuse my other remote did that too but everthing was fine other than that.

So yeah, i go into work and get to buisness and im crankin shit out..... i finish early and im liek totally psyched!!:D

I say goodby to all the chefs and i go to leave.... i put the key in the ignition with a smile on my face and turn that son-o-mah-bish. No ignition.... no click like its even trying, batterys not dead cuse radio is working and my hud is working, check my lights and their working too. Check all fuses after my dad gets there, all good..... WTF?:mad:

Dad thinks it could be the battery is ####ed so we decide to come back the next day. Okay so were back and we get back to the car (im pissed cuse cats hang out around there and now i got ####in paw prints all over my newly washed sex beast). So now we got tools and shit so we can further diagnose the thing. He tests the voltage and the battery is fine... test the cables, fine.... WTF. Tehn we brainstorm on what it could be..... no powerwindows or locks, but radio goes on and dash lights come on? AH-HA! ####in stupid ass alram light is out... and it just so happens that the ###er is wired into the windows and locks!

Now its time to call the men in yellow.... flatbed that bi***!

We call em and they say its gonna be hours before we can get this thing on the flatbed and on the road, great. Then they show up in 30 min. He tries to figure this shit out cuse he thinks hes so smart.... goes over the same shit, finds the same shit we found, YEEE!

So then we get this thing ready to go on the flatbed and then this guy goes "i dont think well be able to put it on here cuse your car is so low.... well we will try anyways".

Well he wasnt kidding cuse he needed to use wood blocks to get my shit on there.

Okay so its on and now my car is sitting at a shop waiting for the alarm to be ripped out and the wires put back to stock......all cuse the previous owners put in an alarm that sucks!

Heres some pics of the guy loading it up... enjoy!

Man that DSM does not deserve to be on a flatbed over a stupid f-ing alarm. I bet as the towe truck drove on the streets, people pointed at the car and said "ha, it probably crankwalked". All im going to say is that your first flatbed experience with the car was better than most people. :D

But damn your car even looks sexier on the flatbed LOL

I have a hard time getting mine on the flatbed as well.

You shoulda told McChubbs to stay away from your car.

I was wondering, on both alarms I have if you just unplug the brain the car will start right up because the 12 volt relay on the ignition gets shut off and it closes the circut and alows the igniton to get power again.

Thanks for the compliments.... i worked so hard to get that thing clean and today i was gonna detail it out and everything.

Sorry the pics arent better quality... i forgot to bring the digi cam.

And if i knew how to put the thing on the flatbed, i woulda done it myself but since fatty mc fat fat was a pro, i let him.

Fatty Mc Fat Fat?!

ROFL Kinda brutal..

leet said:
Fatty Mc Fat Fat?!

ROFL Kinda brutal..

Hahaha i didnt know what any of yall were talking about when yall said Mcfatty or MCchubb but I just looked at the pictures and spotted him. LOL, they do need big guys to do these kind of jobs ya know?!

420Adriver said:
So what would make your alarm just do that all of a sudden?

A ground. Electricity is a finicky, cold hearted bi***. I work with her every day.

97ClipseDSM said:
Hahaha i didnt know what any of yall were talking about when yall said Mcfatty or MCchubb but I just looked at the pictures and spotted him. LOL, they do need big guys to do these kind of jobs ya know?!

Yeah but c'mon man..... that dood wobbles. When you start to wobble you need to put down the classic tripple combo or the BK quad stacker and do some crunches.

ROFL ROFL OMG RAWFLES....I just got the most disturbing mental image EVAAR!

hehe...you said WobblesROFL ROFL

Edit: I just realized that we are making fun of some poor random guy, and he has no idea he is on the net being laughed at. Kinda like the star wars kid. I feel bad now.

MrBentley said:
Yeah but c'mon man..... that dood wobbles. When you start to wobble you need to put down the classic tripple combo or the BK quad stacker and do some crunches.
I concur...speaking of jiggleing...I need to do some crunches tonight.

If you wan't a 6 pack crunches won't do it, that will just give you a 4 pack, you have to do alternating leg crunches and bottle lifts plus running, but hey what do I know i'm just an ignorant fatass.:D

MrBentley said:
I find in life that fat people are happier than skinny people and much nicer. Was this guy jolly and nice? or was he some punk fat kid (you rarely hear that word "punk fat kid" because they are all but non-existent).

420Adriver said:
If you wan't a 6 pack crunches won't do it, that will just give you a 4 pack, you have to do alternating leg crunches and bottle lifts plus running, but hey what do I know i'm just an ignorant fatass.:D

Not drinking a shitload of beer helps in this endeavor.

damn, btw checking voltage on the battery won't tell you much, yea it will read 12volts car off, but if cranking amps is low,it will not start up, and there is a different tool to test out cranking amps.

i learned this from experience.. our van wasnt starting up.. lights turned on, radio on, etc etc. checked voltage all good, but it would start if it was jump started, so WTF is the problem.. we bring it to the dealer.. and guess what,, it was the battery.. boy did i feel stupid.. not enough cranking amps.. even after jumping it and driving it around alternator did not charge it.. it was the battery still.. despite showing that it was 12v and lights aned what not turning on.

but it looks like your problem is with the alarm.. but lets hope it wasnt as simple as what happened to me, doh, then again it would be less headaches to fix..

420Adriver said:
I find in life that fat people are happier than skinny people and much nicer. Was this guy jolly and nice? or was he some punk fat kid (you rarely hear that word "punk fat kid" because they are all but non-existent).

I find chubby people are the ones that get the best of the deal (i.e. me) cuse were not too heavy to do alot of stuff and were kinda laid back.

The big folks need help and th skinny folks seem to be cocky.

As for this fella, he was kinda nice but hella condecending..... he did take care of my car so hes cool. I just worry for his health.

You now I just saw the news and it said 77 percent of people are overweight! There must be a new health standard or something because when I look around most of the people I see are not extremely fat, don't get me wrong I see alot of fat people but not 77 percent worth.

You'd be surprised who insurance companies consider 'Obese'.

They don't even go off of BMI or anything, it's usually a height to weight comparison.

On and on and on and on...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back