The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

My first DSM.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gasolinebaptism

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Kennewick, Washington
I'm 16 and a gear head to the bone. I'm going to college so money isn't terribly abundant, I grew up and dirt bikes, then discovered Top Gear, my Dad gave me his 92' AWD Laser that hasn't been run in 6 years. has 98,xxx miles.
Here is the plan, and in order of when I'm buying it and install date. I guess I forgot to throw in suspension, but havn't decided what I'll want.

B&M mechanical boost gauge. $60
Dejon tool Cip 1gm intake pipe. $104
TCE big brake kit. $979
Goodridge ss brake lines. $150
Extreme technologies strut tower bar. $129
Intrax anti roll bars. $200
ACT 2600 clutch kit. $400
Goodridge SS clutch line. $27.99
ACT Xact flywheel. $275
Apex’I AVC-R II. $429
ATR Exhaust, $495
Automotosports 1g 3inch Downpipe. $270
Upgrade Ecu. $80-$200
AEM UEGO. $200
Freedom design AFPR install kit w/ gauge. $115.95
BBK 255lph fuel pump. $154
FIC 1150cc injectors. $385
HKS racing BOV. $205
Used intercooler.
DN performance tubular header. $485
Mitsubishi 18g turbo. $800
Crower cams. $400
Fidanza adjustable cam gears. $180
Mitsubishi evo pistons. $290
Griffin radiator. $330
Gates racing radiator hose kit. $49
Polk performance head machining, $1000

Questions Comments?

Do your research, and you will realize you won't need to spend nearly this kind of money. Use the search button and view the FAQ. It will save you time and money.

There is a wealth of knowledge on here for newbs, and beginners, just don't let your head get in the way of it, and use the knowledge to your advantage.

As always with a first time DSMer. Good Luck, hope you stay around.

alot of things you just dont need yet. and there are better parts out there. thats alot of work just for a 18g. youll need at least 550cc injectors no need for 1000cc+ injectors, get dsm link, and call it get good, there is no need to spend that much money. use the extra cash and build the motor,

B&M mechanical boost gauge. $60
Dejon tool Cip 1gm intake pipe. $104 (see below)
TCE big brake kit. $979 (why... you dont need this)
Goodridge ss brake lines. $150 (dont need)
Extreme technologies strut tower bar. $129 (dont need)
Intrax anti roll bars. $200 (dont need)
ACT 2600 clutch kit. $400
Goodridge SS clutch line. $27.99 (find the full ss line)
ACT Xact flywheel. $275 (get the Fidanza flywheel)
Apex’I AVC-R II. $429 (eprom and keydiver or dsm link)
ATR Exhaust, $495
Automotosports 1g 3inch Downpipe. $270 (megan down pipe much cheaper)
Upgrade Ecu. $80-$200 (see above)
AEM UEGO. $200
Freedom design AFPR install kit w/ gauge. $115.95 (get a feul lab or aeromotive with 6 an lines form filter to rail and rail to afpr)
BBK 255lph fuel pump. $154 (get a walbro 255 much cheaper)
FIC 1150cc injectors. $385 (not needed)
HKS racing BOV. $205 (tial bov, not really needed)
Used intercooler. (vrspeed or punishment)
DN performance tubular header. $485 (evo 3 mani)
Mitsubishi 18g turbo. $800
Crower cams. $400 (get fp2's/comp 101200
Fidanza adjustable cam gears. $180
Mitsubishi evo pistons. $290
Griffin radiator. $330 (not needed)
Gates racing radiator hose kit. $49
Polk performance head machining, $1000 (you can get a polk head???)

+1 also do maintenance! if it hasnt run in so long, change all the fluids and to a timing belt job and check for boost leaks ect.

also take a look at NGR bovs i got one and they hold boost great. they are like $140 at most. Other than that just make sure you research things first before you get parts to avoid having to buy the same part again. (Do it once, and do it right)

goodluck.

6 years is along time to sit. Replace all fluids, fuel system, timing belt, distributor, plugs, wires, etc... make sure the car isnt a pile before you dump thousands into it, do a boost leak test they sell a tester that hooks up over your turbo. dont buy USED parts!! if you buy crappy parts your cars gonna reflect that in performance. The only advice i can offer is expect the worse, hope for the best.

First do the timing belt/waterpump and all fluids.
second plugs/wires and make sure your fuel system gets flushed and tank gets flushed. dont wanna try to start it with 6 year old fuel. if u completely renew the motor such as all gaskets, rings, pumps, fluids, spark system, fuel system, and driveline u can run 12s with just a few boltons such as clutch, shortthrow shifter (very needed in a dsm) dsm link exhuast and all hardpiping for the intake system and a boost controller. yah u can run 12s with the stock tdo5h turbo... i mean do what u want kid but ideas are much easier as ideas than actually paying a million dollars for all the stuff u dont need. rebuild the motor and go from there

Serious befor eyou start modifying the shit out of the car...do the regular maintenance..And if one of the regular maintenance items is somethings you wanted to upgrade anyways..do it then...if money isn't abundant like you said..then I'd pick and choose wisely as to what i spent it on..just my 2 cents

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back