The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

My first DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95GSX_FTW

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 30, 2010
Waukegan, Illinois
Hello Everyone

My name is David, im from Waukegan Illinois (GO BEARS! LOL) and ive got a 95 GSX with an A/T that i purchased about a year ago. Ive been more of a lurker on this site so I thought id do a proper intro.

Last May I spun 2 rod bearings, and skipped timing which lead to bent valves and my car has been down since. Im currently doing a rebuild but the cold weather has put it to a halt for the winter. My HP goals for this car are to be at the 300-350hp range at the wheels. I plan on using a walbro 255, AFPR, SAFCII (Since ive got a non-eprom ECU) and 650cc injectors along with a ported EVO III 16G. Not to mention aftermarket boost gauge, possibly a MBC, wideband o2 and FMIC.

For the bottom end that im using i got a 94 7 bolt bored .20 over with balance shaft delete, that was rebuilt with 40k miles on it. Ive replaced all timing components as well as the water pump. I sold the old 95 head (i should of kept it) to a buddy of mine so now im in need of a new one. In regards to this rebuild, ive got a few questions.

I found a rebuilt 96 head with 23 miles and was wondering if it will fit properly with the 94 7 bolt block? I found this thread http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/cylinder-head-short-block/224571-2g-head-1g-block.html and was trying to post in it but it would not let me, so im posting it here. Ive got some brand new ARP's for a 7bolt for them as well.

On the same topic as the head, its been sitting for 2 years and has like a rust build up on the cams. Can that be cleaned up, or should i just stay away from it? I dont really want to spend too much on this build since im a single father and a college guy now. BUT i want to do this once and the right way so i dont run into other problems later on since this will be my DD.

As far as my HP goals, is that sufficient enough to support it? am i missing anything else? Id appreciate any info/input or any recommendations you guys have.

Thanks for reading this, and thanks in advance for your input. Looking to pick at all of your brains so i can learn as much as I can:thumb:

Hi,

That is consider to be a lightly modded dsm around here. Tech Guide, and Stage 2 upgraded path. Follow that and you shouldnt be missing anything. BTW what do you mean "possibly MBC" is not an option its a must if you want to be putting that turbo to use.

You cannot post in that section yet neither.

Do some more researching,

-rich

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back