The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

My first DSM Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black3G

10+ Year Contributor
May 11, 2010
Downers Grove, Illinois
I purchased my first dsm back in April as a roller with a blown motor. Upon breaking down the 7 bolt it was obvious it had a spun bearing. After doing some reading and talking with one of the guys at a local performance shop I ditched the 7 bolt and had a 6 bolt short block built. As for the head I kept the 2g head and had a stock rebuild with revised lifters done. I'm just looking to have a nice street car with some nice power to drive. Eventually I'll want more power, so all I would need to do is build the head. Progress has been slow because of minor set backs, but one piece of the puzzle is complete.

Some details on the short block
-Arias pistons .020 over
-Eagle Rods
-ARP fasteners
-Balanced rotating assembly
-Modified balance shaft
-Decked and hone

Head
-Revised lifters
-Bored to allow for 6 bolt head studs.
IMAG0131.jpg

IMAG0132.jpg

IMAG0133.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

Sandblasted, primer, and wrinkle black valve cover.
IMAG0135.jpg

2011-06-29200155.jpg

Spun bearing on old motor.
2011-04-10151523.jpg

2011-04-10151717.jpg

Looks great! :)
i wanna start a build but idk what parts i need and where to get them..
i wanna upgrade the turbo.. what parts would i have to change to support it?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back