The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

My first DSM and first build update

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetdsmpwr

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 13, 2009
Canton, Michigan
Whats up guys, I'm 18 and I'm from Phoenixville, PA. As the title suggests this is my first dsm. I'm not new to the site, but I thought it would be cool to put up a blog post. Here is the car in question:

30xkajq.jpg

That was taken by the original owner before I got the car last summer. I got it for $9,000. Why so much? It was basically unmodified and had 48,000 miles on it. All it had was a boost controller and ACT 2100 clutch and 11lb flywheel. It's almost been a year now and it has 55,000 miles now and the only problem I've had with it so far is a leaking clutch master cylinder. It is my daily driver and has not let me down.

Before I got this car I did not know anything about dsm's, let alone cars in general. Thanks to a couple books and this forum I'm happy to be able to call myself knowledgeable on most things dsm. What I've done to it so far is an Injen Intake, ETS Street 7" FMIC, 1G BOV, Magnecor 8.5 mm Spark Plug Wires, Hallman Pro Rx MBC, Mishimoto 10" Radiator Fan and Aluminum Shroud Kit, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, FIC 750 cc injectors, Aeromotive A1000 FPR, Walbro 255 hp, Megan Racing Turbo-back exhaust, and Autometer Boost, Vacuum, and Electric Oil Pressure Gauges. As I mentioned before I also have an ACT clutch and flywheel. I also have reflashed my ECU with a base reflash from keydiver. The car runs so much better and idles the 750's like they're stock.

I was finally able to make it up to the track a few weeks ago and the results were heartbreaking, my best of 4 runs was a 15.4 @ 90 mph with a 2.201 60'. That was with the stock exhaust, and without the fuel upgrades and tune. I posted up on this website and got a few pointers which will hopefully help a lot on the track next week. The 5000 rpm 2-step should help a lot too:D.

Next up on the build is a ported Evo III 16G I picked up for $150 with no shaft play, Evo III Exhaust Manifold I picked up for $50, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, Evo III O2 Housing or Megan Racing O2 Housing(can't decide which one), ACT 2600 clutch kit, Timing belt and related belts and pulleys(still has the original) FP cams(not sure what combo to go with, I was thinking FP 1x intake and FP 2 exhaust) and Manley springs, and maybe new head gasket and ARP headstuds.

My goal on this build is to have a still street-able 12 second car(maybe even 11 second). I still have cold A/C, cruise control, and most of the emissions crap(minus the cat). I hoping to start putting up more updates now as I go. Right now I have a pre-goal of hitting the 13's with the T-25 so we'll see how that goes when I go to the track again this coming Friday. Here are some pics of the build so far:
1zxwrhz.jpg

1yo550.jpg

e9atd0.jpg

2d95jz5.jpg

zssl5v.jpg

anx1s.jpg

2djrwv6.jpg

2dlj4gg.jpg

33jpr86.jpg

2z6cqav.jpg

25fr0yd.jpg

4ub03t.jpg

2wcjvok.jpg

20z1s39.jpg

6yjeb9.jpg

96ypsk.jpg

hey man you are doing great i just got my first DSM as well 95 TSI AWD and i am having some issues but i am working them and then i will hopefully be throwing down some great times your car looks great though,

Looking good so far! Lower that thing a bit, itll help it look more aggressive, and also handle a little bit better. Im liking the way things are going, keep up the good work!

Thanks for all of your compliments. I'm not a big wing guy and I like the profile of the car without it, plus it has no real function.

I'd change that timing belt sooner then later. Recommended intervals are 60k or 6 years and yours has 11 years. Looks good though, I like it wingless.

wow I wish I had something like that for my first car...lucky!

nice build keep it up. love the car.

This actually isn't my first car. My first car was a hand-me-down Lexus ES300 with 180k miles on it. It luckally broke down before I had the chance to rice it out, the Eclipse saved me from being a ricer.

no dont it looks super clean that way with this color i think, if it had been black or like a blood red id say ya put it back on but this color looks good without a wing.

just my 2 cents

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back