The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

My first DSM 1g Talon TSI AWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myboostedtalon

Probationary Member
Nov 7, 2010
Troy, Missouri
Ive been lurking around here and gathering info about my car. I have 1990 Talon TSI AWD. Im new to dsms but not cars. I bought a wrecked Eclipse GSX for 500 and swapped motor tranny rear end and black interior into a tolon shall i picked up for 400 bucks. Mods that came on car are 16g turbo,550 injectors brand new stage 3 clutch, chrome 2g GST rims and brand new tires, full 3in exhaust, and a crushed bov. i bought A brand new AEM wideband, 30/30 boost, and exhaust temp gauge for 125 with a pillar gauge pod. The only thing i have done is a greddy type s bov but soon to come is my poilshed turbonetics super 60, fmic, and upgraded fuel pump(not sure what yet). I will have pics up as soon as i figure out how to upload them from my phone.

i got an awesome deal on them and the talon shell was almost flawless no rust just a small paint chip on the front bumper and on the drivers door. i didnt have the power i thought i should have and with a manual boost controler closed almost all the way it was only hitting 7-9 psi max i believe it was a coupe teeth out of time and currently have it tore apart waiting for the snow to melt so i can put it back together. could that have been my problem?

welcome to the site and nice ride! I am also new to the whole dsm thing but have a passion for speed and just starting the process of learning the DSM ways

Looks like it was done mostly right with proper data monitoring, are you logging/tuning at all?

Also, what's a "Stage 3" clutch? FFFFffuu I hate stage mods! Numbers people, actual numbers!
/minirant

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back