The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

My first car-omg im in love

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micus

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2005
p-ville, B.C._Canada
ok so i posted some questions on here a couple months ago regarding a 95 talon tsi that i was thinking of getting, i decided the money wasnt there at the time and kept looking for a better deal yet, and i got it,

so its a 95 talon tsi Awd 5 spd, leather interior, power everything, its dark green with a black roof. i just got back from driving it, and woh, compared to the civic i took driveing lessons on, this thing is awesome, i took it to a shop to do a pre purchase inspection on it and it came out well, 155 in all cylinders- thats good rite? anyways i also checked it for signs of crank walk-had none, also , no shaft play in the turbo, no leaking oil, very clean car, and its got 120,000 kilometers, or about 70,000 miles. also, i made a list of stuff to replace rite off the bat check it

-timing belt
-timing belt hydraulic tensioner
-tensioner pullley
-crank pulley

and all new fluids ie engine,trans,diff,and transfer case

is there anything else i need to do before i can start modding?

i gotta go to work like 5 mins ago, ill put pics up tommorow when its lite out:talon:

Congrats on your new car. 155 across in perfect. I would also change the plugs/wires while your at it. Good luck.

Plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, all belts, boost leak it, and find the gaskets (if any that are leaking), valve cover gasket if it looks iffy, coolent flush, cheap valve cover catch can (heres a link for that) http://www.tgilmore.com/talon/catchcan.html , also with the fluids put in all good stuff (mobil 1 full synthetic, synchromesh fluids, ect...)

Congrats on the new car. Sounds real nice, and clean.

Hahah I think I got you beat on your good deal. Tomorrow im going to pick up my 96 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD with a 6 bolt swap only 20,000 miles on the rebuilt motor. Built bottom end and all. I offered $4000 cash. The guy originally was looking to get 6500 but needed to get rid of it ASAP because of credit card issue's and he's joining the air force. I was a bit skeptik of why he decided to go so low, so I brought my friend who is a mechanic and owns 2 DSM's. Checked out fine, ran a compression test and all, check for shaft play on the turbo etc.... Only thing it needs is new tires and a water pump. I'm gettin it flatebedded to my house tomorrow. I cant wait. Congrats on the car man.:talon: :talon:

Congrats on you buy man, DSM's are a love hate relationship, but I love mine most of the time

yeah i paid 7500 canadian for it which is like i dno like 6000-6500 american- ish- BUT i also got a 1 year warranty with it. ive had my liscence for about 10 hours and ive had the car for like 8, and already ive spent like way more then i want to think about in my head on stuff i want to do to it. this could get expensive,

thanks for all the great replies. also, does anyone kno if sbr ships to canada?

way to go on the new car.

depending on your perception of the theory, Perhaps you should eliminate those balence shafts while you are in there.

Oh and a 97-98 conversion ;)

Congrats, just don't be stupid and wreck it like I did with my first car. Take care of it.

Congrats man. Just bought 3 more DSMs!!!!!

96 Eagle Talon ESI with blown head/enine - $420

95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD w/blown engine - $950

95 Eclipse GSX w/blown head - $1200

Sounds like a great car congrats. Though whoever said perfect compression, I wouldn't say that. Standard value is 178, min 133 with a limit of 14psi in between cylinders. But 155 is right in the middle, consistant with a lot of nice 2g's Ive seen. Enjoy the car.

TRBOBLU said:
Sounds like a great car congrats. Though whoever said perfect compression, I wouldn't say that. Standard value is 178, min 133 with a limit of 14psi in between cylinders. But 155 is right in the middle, consistant with a lot of nice 2g's Ive seen. Enjoy the car.

I've heard about a 16 PSI inbetween each cylinder, but atleast he has 155 on all four, not 155, 155, 155, 135. It seems like with all the cars i've done compressin test, you always get to the last cylinder, and its lower than the rest.

Sounds like a great project you have there.

Just my 2 cents, when you replace the tbelt, I would not only replace the belt, tensioner, and tensioner pulley, but also the idler pulley as well.

Have fun!

alex said:
Congrats man. Just bought 3 more DSMs!!!!!

96 Eagle Talon ESI with blown head/enine - $420

95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD w/blown engine - $950

95 Eclipse GSX w/blown head - $1200

Nice, wish I had 3 other dsms now. I used to have a 95 GS, and a talon AWD last year. But now I only have my 95 GSX. But I am happy :D :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back