The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

My first and my last

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hated the mis-matched oil pressure and water temp gauges so got some Bosch ones that match the factory cluster pretty well and got them for a good price too.

D93E6FE3-C3AB-4FA5-B7DA-F641A721054C.jpeg

60EB01D5-E828-4483-B785-D31CD91AE788.jpeg

I like those gauges. Looks factory if not for the Bosch on them.

Did you replace/deal with the little alarm attachments to the locks? Or are you just gonna cut the wires to the brain in the b-pillar and not deal with an alarm at all? I messed with them once and jesus was it a nightmare to deal with after that.

I like those gauges. Looks factory if not for the Bosch on them.

Did you replace/deal with the little alarm attachments to the locks? Or are you just gonna cut the wires to the brain in the b-pillar and not deal with an alarm at all? I messed with them once and jesus was it a nightmare to deal with after that.
I really wanted to figure out a way to take apart the gauges to paint the center of the needles black and take off the Bosch lettering but said to myself “let me not screw these up somehow” LOL

When you mention the alarm attachments are you talking about the little pieces with wiring that go to the back of the locks? My set came with them so I left them as-is.

Thoroughly impressed with the aluminum handles. Fit and finish are spot on. The anodized black goes perfectly with the rest of the car. Don’t mind the missing door cap I’m waiting on replacement clips.

I was finally able to remove a wing nut and bolt someone put to make the door “easier” to open because the OEM handle was falling apart. It was really stuck in there I had to spray some PB Blaster and hit it with my torch too. That thing prevented me from using aftermarket handles because the door latch wouldn’t close completely but it worked out because I didn’t really like the fit and finish of them anyway.

C825357D-07B6-4EC0-B026-0A6C487419EB.jpeg

Really wanted to put the vapor shields on the doors but can’t find the plastic I bought so on went the refreshed panels.

Also got rid of the toggle switch that was there to start the car. Installed a nice little momentary push button instead. I have one more to install that’ll go next to it for the fans.

D49E1ED5-6D3F-4324-8E64-6707B3890B35.jpeg

9B77EC43-3FF3-45E0-8D54-25754B642023.jpeg

Installed the locking push button for the fans and swapped in some better condition dash speakers (old left new right) to get rid of the rusted ones. Anyone know what these little white pigtails are?

946FC9C6-56D6-456B-983B-D85A3EB71CB4.jpeg

8C588C3F-FA7C-4C89-95C3-8D03ABC79133.jpeg

449C917A-3161-456A-AE9D-5B4777FF3DC8.jpeg

Finally starting to look complete in here. Just installed the center side panels. Still missing the kick panels I have but can’t find LOL

On the steering wheel I think I’m going to do the lettering in red the chipping yellow is throwing it off.

I only have one picture from the fb ad and it’s terrible quality but if you look closely you can see what a hot mess it was in there.

E252A150-F4B2-470E-9372-70663E90662C.jpeg

1F706884-E3BA-4C4A-891C-8EA076426E2B.jpeg

Installed a B&M shifter and solid shifter base bushings. Also used a pick to remove the yellow paint from the steering wheel. Figured that looked better until I decide to paint it.

Still have to figure out how to mount the airbag cover. I tried command strips and that was a no go. Gonna have to get creative.

6A49C94B-7D82-431C-B9E9-02651A2230F0.jpeg

8C490CF3-CFC1-463C-90F4-992843DC42A4.jpeg

Have you thought about changing out the allen screws in the steering wheel also? Might look good matching the color of the lettering or another color to tie it into other parts of the car

Does your car have the ignition switch disabled? I am looking at a car that the owner can't find the key to and am trying to figure out how to just move it to get it on a trailer.
Thanks for any insight!

Have you thought about changing out the allen screws in the steering wheel also? Might look good matching the color of the lettering or another color to tie it into other parts of the car

Not something I considered! Not a bad idea. I’ll see if I can find some examples online to see if I like how it looks.

Does your car have the ignition switch disabled? I am looking at a car that the owner can't find the key to and am trying to figure out how to just move it to get it on a trailer.
Thanks for any insight!

My ignition switch isn’t disabled. I still use the key and the push button is only for the starter.

You should be able to remove the switch from the back of the cylinder and use a flathead screwdriver to start it.

That's what I was needing to have some reassurance on! Can I drop the bottom of the column and get to the switch....it's a 1g auto car? The "no keys" thing is about all that is holding me up from the purchase (and a few trees that have grown up where this car has been hiding for at least 10 years, in a hedgerow in a field). I could put it in neutral from the engine bay (after I remove all of the pack rats nest) but I need to turn the steering wheel.
Thank you very much! I didn't mean to unravel this thread, I'm sorry.

That's what I was needing to have some reassurance on! Can I drop the bottom of the column and get to the switch....it's a 1g auto car?

I have no experience with 1G cars unfortunately. This is the only DSM I’ve ever played with.

You should be able to just remove the column trim, drop it down and remove the screws with a small screwdriver. You may have to remove the lower dash panel also.

Last edited:
That is a good enough explanation to get anyone motivated on the right track.
Thank you!

Decided to install longer studs for the valve cover. They were a little on the short side and now they’re a little on the long side LOL While I was in there I threw on the Kiggly HLA

Also installed an aspheric clip on mirror. It’s 13” long and tinted blue to help with glare. Last time I was working inside the car I noticed how terrible the rear view was

2625291F-DF96-4175-ADC0-4FDF240548C4.jpeg

85974A5F-32F5-47B9-8C29-3A3AF9533646.jpeg

0830D5CA-2BAE-4292-AAEE-6430876C5E19.jpeg

Towed the car to a friend who is going to help me swap the short block along with that entire laundry list of stuff I had in another post.

Was good to see it on the road for once LOL Trying to find a fender for it since the clear is shot

A426D8B5-B081-4003-931A-C728FB2A398A.jpeg

07A75005-991F-4E68-A3DF-E61446EC0F7E.jpeg

A9A5C930-FE87-4901-8B58-31A07D5B7513.jpeg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back