The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

My first and my last

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just wanted to share a few more pics as it got put together. Going to be switching to SD so will update soon.

AA614F3D-D398-4A3E-BA6E-D8ECEB2AC118.jpeg

4E531849-B13B-4C96-B3B2-BB71844208D8.jpeg

Last edited:
New OFH kept me from mounting the bumper exit due to the oil cooler and the large 1G filter. I got rid of the oil filter relocation kit it was leaking and unnecessary.

Ended up getting a FF OFH which gave me the clearance I needed. It’s tight still but it’ll do. I intend on making some sort of cheap oil filter heat shield and am going to add a tee so I can run the oil feed line, OEM pressure sensor (just got a new one the old one was leaking) and my Bosch oil pressure gauge.

2919D17D-6EF6-4B55-B055-4E85607CB379.jpeg

AD1AC517-4C5F-42BA-A475-3B58C7C9D88F.jpeg

C4B0FCEF-A8B3-4817-BC0C-D8D48B050576.jpeg

E55A82CC-DBE3-4B5D-A56A-FC10821399BE.jpeg

Big turbo problems. Where do the Air/Oil cooler lines go on that OFH?
What about that almost kink in the upper coolant hose from the water neck? Can you trim one end 1/2" to 1" to straighten that out some?

Last edited:
Big turbo problems. Where do the Air/Oil cooler lines go on that OFH?
What about that almost kink in the upper coolant hose from the water neck? Can you trim one end 1/2" to 1" to straighten that out some?

I thought the turbo was a 5858 but apparently it’s a Garret T04E. Is that still considered big? Seems small compared to my BW S366.

I’ll have to take a closer look at the upper coolant hose. Always thought it was just how the silicone hose is molded and not actually a kink. I can definitely trim the hose and stretch it out a bit to make that bend smoother. I may install a 180° thermostat switch kit for the fans so will likely tackle both at the same time.

5DC355B0-B8B8-44C4-A889-20B1C19B3CE5.jpeg

You got any oil cooling planned? Your roasting that poor filter

To me, anything outside the stock Mitsubishi form factor is “big” turbo 🤪

Last edited:
You got any oil cooling planned? Your roasting that poor filter

To me, anything outside the stock Mitsubishi form factor is “big” turbo 🤪

I’m not sure how I can cool the oil which is why I plan on making heat shields for everything in that area (oil filter, alternator and power steering pump). I’ll put a layer of DEI reflect a gold on the outside and maybe some fiberglass on the inside. Maybe throw the tape on the lower charge pipe and on the block too.

I have a thermal zero turbo blanket on the way also. Used this brand on my other car that had a HX40 and it worked really well.

Took care of a bunch of things recently.

Found a rebuilt 1G N/T TB for a great price so I snagged that up. It came with the shorter bolts which were needed. Hated the need for two gaskets with the turbo TB.

Extended the TPS wiring a bit as it was kind of tight with the wiring harness under the fuel rail. Extended PTU wiring to allow it to bolt to the side of the intake manifold and replaced the connector with a new one. Replaced all of the OE injector clips with OEMs as I like the design of those better. Put factory knock sensor connector and am waiting on a used OEM sensor.

Got rid of the Omni 4 bar that was installed in place of the MDP sensor and put a GM style 4 bar from Auber Instruments. Plugged it into the ecmlink harness and have it set under baro. Not running a MDP as EGR is deleted.

Got rid of the PTE 880s for some 780s that were cleaned and flow matched. Got 6 for the price of 4 so now I have two spares. Installed OEM seals on them. Cleaned the fouled sparked plugs and gapped them to .028”

Test fitted a new Carbonetics CSL spoiler I got from someone on FB for a good price. I don’t like that the bottom is uneven right above the Talon lettering so I’ll have to fix that and throw a little paint on it. Was thinking about wrapping the hood, roof and hatch/spoiler with 6D carbon vinyl

IMG_7343.jpeg

IMG_7350.jpeg

IMG_7353.jpeg

Figured out why my car would idle like complete shit. I wasn’t there when the timing was done and didn’t pull the timing cover to verify. Was a bit disappointed to see it was off especially being that it was done on a stand but I got it taken care of. Decided to tear it all down to make sure everything was okay

Idle is super rich so I’ll have to figure that out. Did fix a lot of boost leaks with my homemade tester. My cam gears contact the clear upper cover a bit unfortunately so going to give it to a buddy

IMG_7630.jpeg

IMG_7609.jpeg

IMG_7628.jpeg

IMG_7814.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm confused as to whether your car is AWD or Front Wheel Drive. On your specs page it says FWD. But the car is a TSi?
It already had a 6-bolt engine in it when you bought it. Did the previous owner swap it to a 6-bolt turbo FWD powertrain?
My car is FWD. The title says the same but it’s been through many hands so who knows if it was ever AWD. Pretty sure it’s got burnt rubber on the back bumper arches LOL

Took the car for its first drive!! The welded diff is annoying but man, it felt good to finally get it out on the road. Only drove it up the block to get gas and check for leaks.

I’ll definitely have to address the heat and get some DEI tape to keep things from getting heat soaked. I need to roll the rear fenders as they rub and get an alignment too. Still having an issue with the front O2 not reading.

It got a new Aisin slave, one piece clutch line and a 4” intake.

IMG_8471.jpeg

IMG_8473.jpeg

I’m trying to address some of the heat issues that will arise once I start driving the car more.

I have these radiator fan heat shields off an old Nissan. Mocked one up to block the power steering pump. Hopefully I can figure out how to get the other one to block the alternator.

Also ordered an oil filter relocation kit and an oil cooler.

IMG_8466.jpeg

IMG_8467.jpeg

IMG_8636.jpeg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back