The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

My first 1G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well. I finally got time to tinker and pulled the stock exhaust manifold. Sure enough, manifold was cracked. Luckily my FP manifold came in before I worked in the car. Also decided to go to a 16g turbo, just because the 14b on it looked kinda ….tired and rusted. Added the tubular O2 housing. Fixed the exhaust leak and put all new gaskets on everything for the turbo , exhaust, exhaust manifold, o2 , coolant lines and neck and flushed out the coolant and added all new freshness. I pulled apart the front end axles and brakes and such and found both front wheel bearing are shot (driver is bad, passenger is going out. ) So I just ordered the new bearings and seals. I’ve detailed the inside and did my best to give the tired , dry, thirsty leather inside some love. It cleaned up pretty well but needs a bit more leather love.
I will keep update accordingly. As of now, car is pretty fun to drive and I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on it. Still don’t know if I like it as much as my 2g’s but we shall see.

50970D21-8EAC-4F97-9C0D-1D08E0EC9D42.jpeg

3873F18A-C85A-4773-8103-40DA8DED9A56.jpeg

B0C1BA00-CFFC-4BCD-8C19-AAA3D2AE928F.jpeg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back