The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

my evoIII is finally installed YAY!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your_Dead

15+ Year Contributor
May 30, 2004
Lancaster/Palmdale, California
well im all excited now because, as the title says, i got my evo316g yesterday and got itall installed and stuff today :cool: boost after 2 weeks is a beautiful thing but i have some other quick questions. should i go easy on it for a while and if so for how long? boost is set around 13-14 psi and it holds it steady. anyways for all of you wonder if the evo3 is worth it let me tell ya. IT RAPES FACE. :rocks: car pulls so much harder now. :dsm: 4 EVAH!

Mine runs like ass. My a/f is 11:1 and my timing is 18 degrees yet, it run like ass, yes I have a fmic...

Congratulation!!!
It is a great turbo and have fun if I were you. (assuming you don't have a logger or a wideband) check the spark plugs to see the condition of the more if the look Lean (sort of White) lower the boost to 10 psi. and be safe until you get the datalogger or Wideband.

It spool really hard I like it. I am currently having it at 10 osi and pulls har only at 10 psi! I am waiting for injector (650 or 680cc) and trying to get rid of my freaking Phanton Knock that retard my timing! :mad: :mad: and drive like crap once in a while (but it is ok seems to be the lifters :notgood: )

Ohh well enjoy! Happy boosting!

Sorry I couldn't use the spell check!
An error occured, please notify your administrator.

good luck man, you don't have to go easy on the turbo. i would push like 14 psi and have some fun, once you get some fuel components and a way to see what the engine is doin (pocketlogger) you'll be able to jack it up and really see what she can do. i've had my setup on for several days, tuning it is the toughest part

I just installed mine today too along with a ported sbr exhaust mani and a 2.5" ss tubular o2 housing. After reading a lot of of the 16g install threads, everything went pretty smooth. Except I was at it for like 6 or 7 hours and my body is aching like a mutha... Anyways, I can definately feel the difference but I'm getting lots of lag. I think I'm getting 13 psi by 3800K. I still gotta do a boost leak test and re position my downpipe on the o2 housing (the bolt holes are too big and couldn't center the pipe correctly).

Don't mean to hi jack the thread but my J-pipe didn't fit like I was expecting it to. I had to push it really hard against the rad fan to be able to bolt it to the comp outlet. I also had to dent my injen intake pipe because the J pipe was on the way and couldn't slide it into the turbo inlet. And even with the denting it still didn't fit the way it should. With the pipe pushing against the fan like that, I'm worried something is going to break when the engine is flexing. Is there a pipe that will fit better or will I have to change my intake pipe and fan for something smaller?

only reason im boosting 14ish psi is because my mbc doesn't want to hold boost. damn dejon dual stage is a piece. anyways thanks for the support and i'll keep boosting :thumb:

Road-Rocket said:
Don't mean to hi jack the thread but my J-pipe didn't fit like I was expecting it to. I had to push it really hard against the rad fan to be able to bolt it to the comp outlet. I also had to dent my injen intake pipe because the J pipe was on the way and couldn't slide it into the turbo inlet. And even with the denting it still didn't fit the way it should. With the pipe pushing against the fan like that, I'm worried something is going to break when the engine is flexing. Is there a pipe that will fit better or will I have to change my intake pipe and fan for something smaller?

Same thing happened to me. I got the RRE j-pipe. Only difference is instead of putting a dent in my injen intake i put it in the jpipe. I hit 19psi at like 3100 rpm.

well everything went fine for the first day or two but now im getting an CEL. its error code po125 and po170 which, after some reasearch, has lead me to beluieve that my front o2 sensor is bad. any thing else it could be? thanks for the help :cool:

welcome to the evo3 turbo club. it seems this turbo is getting a little more popular by the day.
with good supporting mods, you can set up 14lbs just like you wanted and be okay. i love my evo3 . the best part about it, to the "untrained" eye, it looks pretty stock. it's a great sleeper turbo with the right tune

Road-Rocket said:
I just installed mine today too along with a ported sbr exhaust mani and a 2.5" ss tubular o2 housing. After reading a lot of of the 16g install threads, everything went pretty smooth. Except I was at it for like 6 or 7 hours and my body is aching like a mutha... Anyways, I can definately feel the difference but I'm getting lots of lag. I think I'm getting 13 psi by 3800K. I still gotta do a boost leak test and re position my downpipe on the o2 housing (the bolt holes are too big and couldn't center the pipe correctly).

did you get if from SBR?? I just sent mine back , it does't fit with min injen intake neather, and hits the fans as well. I also have an Evo 3 waiting to be fired up. so Im in the Evo 3 club as well :thumb: Congrats!

I got it used from the classifieds. But it will be for sale on ebay soon. Right now I have the front end of my car taken apart since I'm in the process of installing a JRC fmic with custom piping. I ordered a new J pipe from dejon. It's the one designed for a front mount and it doesn't hit the fans nor the intake pipe. When it gets here and I get it installed, I'll take pics.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back