The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

My engine died and does not want to run

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GsXdSmKingGsX

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 13, 2008
Plainview, Minnesota
:cry:I was driving and my engine just kinda died. It still starts and everything but doesnt run for more than 5 seconds. During those 5 seconds it idles crazily and then dies. :banghead::banghead::banghead: Any ideas on what could be wrong?

When i was driving i had the cruise control on and all the sudden there was this high pitched noise and the car jerked and died. Im so pissed at this thing. Please help me.:pray::pray:

There are a ton of potential things.

I would check for boost/ vacuum leaks.
Then I would check your IAC and TPS.

Try and run the codes to see if it may point you in the right direction.

Good luck and report back with your findings.

Check your codes first.

If you don't know how, go buy a haynes manual first thing. It explains it in detail.

Could be a number of electrical problems that will show up in diagnostic codes. One that might not, is a bad fuel pump. A weak pump, can prime when you key the car on, but once it starts, not provide enough pressure to get the proper fuel delivery.

Well it turns out part of the problem was my stock fuel pump. Time for a walbro. But the mechanic is not done checking yet. Turns out my Throw Out Bearing was bad too and my flywheel was a little bent..uggghhh

Well it turns out part of the problem was my stock fuel pump. Time for a walbro. But the mechanic is not done checking yet. Turns out my Throw Out Bearing was bad too and my flywheel was a little bent..uggghhh

Do you have an aftermarket flywheel? OEM units don't bend. They are cast. They will break apart with any induced bending. If your mechanic told you this, I tend to think he's taking you for a ride.

Be sure you get all the old parts back.

Hopefully he just meant that the surface was warped and not that the flywheel was "bent".:confused: And even if he did mean warped and said it was bent, I'd still be a little cautious about his lazy terminology.:(

*** It turns out 2 of my vacuum lines came off because one wasnt one tight and the other was just messed up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back