The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

My eclipse overheated and know sounds like a tractor video ### help!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norcalgsx707

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 28, 2012
lake county, California
So my car overheated blew the radiator, and now it has a a huge misfire I tested the plugs and thier all good heres a video of the sound [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUK1Tg2hwQUnd[/ame]

No not yet! It just happened two days ago. You ever heard anything similar to that?

There are many things that could cause that, low compression, cylinders not firing. Get in there and do some testing. You have to at least give a little help here if you want someone to help you. It is impossible to just hear a video and know what is wrong. Do a compression test, check for spark in all cylinders and check for fuel spray on all 4 cylinders.

There are many things that could cause that, low compression, cylinders not firing. Get in there and do some testing. You have to at least give a little help here if you want someone to help you. It is impossible to just hear a video and know what is wrong. Do a compression test, check for spark in all cylinders and check for fuel spray on all 4 cylinders.

Have spark from the plug wires to the plugs I got, It also has fuel spray

I cant see the video but you can test the coolant n see if its the gasket...does it still overheat?

I got it back from a shop, I had a previous headgasket problem, I dont know to much about head gaskets so I didnt do them myself but when I got it back it was going through coolant still. Now he tells me he thinks the block is warped, nevertheless It ran dry of coolant blew the radiator and caused this misfire maybe something inside the head blew idk thats why im asking to see if anyone has heard that noise before.

just sounds like gasket. pull the head off and check the head and block for warping. it could just be a simple head gasket.

I got it back from a shop I dont know to much about gaskets so I didnt do the heads myself but when I got it back it was going through coolant. Now he tells me he thinks the block is warped, nevertheless It ran dry of coolant blew the radiator and caused this misfire maybe something inside the head blew idk thats why im asking to see if anyone has heard that noise before.

How long did you drive it to get it this hot. It is apparent that you didn't shut it down when it started getting warm. The head gasket is likely blown, you will never know without testing it though.

I got it back from a shop, I had a previous headgasket problem, I dont know to much about head gaskets so I didnt do them myself but when I got it back it was going through coolant still. Now he tells me he thinks the block is warped, nevertheless It ran dry of coolant blew the radiator and caused this misfire maybe something inside the head blew idk thats why im asking to see if anyone has heard that noise before.

You had a HG issue, took it to a shop and they "changed" the HG and still went threw coolant. You still have a HG issue more than likely.

Did they even pull the head? Are you sure? Or could they just dropped in a bottle of head gasket repair???

The engine got so hot and pressurized that it popped the radiator??

No need to test anything, the HG is fried, head warped at this point it needs to come back off ( if it was ever off in the first place) and have sent to a decent shop to be checked for cracks, and warp across the bottom and have cam tower warp checked.

What exactly did the shop do? Your engine is going to need disassemble. Most of the time the head will warp because its aluminum, not the iron block. Coolant leaves the head first as well as the combustion chamber and exhaust ports being present. Get to a good repair or machine shop and you'll be on your way.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back