The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

My dad has to be the coolest guy around.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLaserProject

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 12, 2004
Killeen, Texas
Well, even though I don't live with my parents anymore, we stay close because we live in the same city. I go to their house periodically, where we talk about alot of things, usually cars because my older brother and I have both been into cars from an early age. Well, one day my dad and I went to the track...but while in the waterbox on the first run my car started heating up really bad, so I pulled out(problem fixed now, it runs fine). So me and my dad leave, and while I was at my parents house my dad started talking about how he knows a guy that has built motors for him, because he built my dad's V8 and it still runs fine after years.

I dont know what my dad sees in me, but then he comes up with the subject of having my motor rebuilt. I said that I will do it when it really starts acting up. Well, long story short my dad insisted on rebuilding my motor and it's going in this week. He's planning on paying for it all, but I'm going to help him out. ISN'T MY DAD SO COOL!! :rocks:

TheLaserProject said:
Well, even though I don't live with my parents anymore, we stay close because we live in the same city. I go to their house periodically, where we talk about alot of things, usually cars because my older brother and I have both been into cars from an early age. Well, one day my dad and I went to the track...but while in the waterbox on the first run my car started heating up really bad, so I pulled out(problem fixed now, it runs fine). So me and my dad leave, and while I was at my parents house my dad started talking about how he knows a guy that has built motors for him, because he built my dad's V8 and it still runs fine after years.

I dont know what my dad sees in me, but then he comes up with the subject of having my motor rebuilt. I said that I will do it when it really starts acting up. Well, long story short my dad insisted on rebuilding my motor and it's going in this week. He's planning on paying for it all, but I'm going to help him out. ISN'T MY DAD SO COOL!! :rocks:

My mom is pretty cool, she is lending me 3 grand to get my motor built. :thumb:

my dad is a machanic and has rebuilt my motor at least 5 times in my gsx for me. LOL for free. :thumb:

You're not doing a stock rebuild are you? :sneaky:

pretty cool dad. my dad was like "look, if you wanna rebuild it, let me know. i got the tools from when i did my camaro like 90 times and anything we dont have, we can get."

its nice to have a dad whos into cars.

LOL my dad actually just told me that the reason my check engine light is on is because of my fan motor, its nice having a dad that doesnt know jack about cars LOL. I wish my dad was as cool as your guys, someone want to adopt me?

My dad owns a used truck dealership specializing in vans and trucks for contractors, landscapers, plumbers, etc. He has a service center with 3 mechanics that know how to work on just about anything. When I don't have time to fix shit (timing belt, head gasket, check engine lights) , they do the dirty work for me. :rocks: But I have done most of the minor work myself. -Matt

My dad hates cars and refuses to accept my obsession with them. Consider yourself lucky. :thumb:

Ghettodsm91 said:
LOL my dad actually just told me that the reason my check engine light is on is because of my fan motor, its nice having a dad that doesnt know jack about cars LOL. I wish my dad was as cool as your guys, someone want to adopt me?

it seems that your dad's specialty is comedy and not motors. go to pepboys to see what your check engine light is, or get a logger. :D

My moms pretty cool too. She has given me around $6,000 dollars for my engine rebuild, tre tranny, mods, blah blah...

In fact she just bought me a Buschur Racing BR/SX AFPR and a FMIC.

My dad pretty much knows nothing about cars, he was all pumped when he first used the vvt-i in his 2000 celica GTS :rolleyes: . I shut him up pretty quick

My mom also knows nothing about cars, but one time she payed $200 to a shop to fix my car and they never fixed it :D

"My dad pretty much knows nothing about cars, he was all pumped when he first used the vvt-i in his 2000 celica GTS"

You mean VVTL-I if its a GTS. They have lift (basicly if they hit lift its like extra hp, thats if they shift right and it has to be manual) and thats what the L stands for. :)

and they only have 180 hp

Ps.My dad got my car for 500 at a car auction, when it would have been almost 1200 for it anywhere else. So I feel lucky I guess.

My father has been street racing consistently for roughly 45 years (he's 60). I think it's cool, but I'm already well aware that DSMtuners doesn't agree with me. In my lifetime, he's owned everything from big-block Chevelles, to air cooled VW's, to Sentra SE-R's. Even my mother wrenches with us. She got the engine out of our old '69 beetle in an hour and a half. OMG

i wish my dad was cool. i was about to buy a 98 spyder gst in mint condition about 5 hours ago with 80k miles for $10k but my dad said no, to wait until i get back home from visiting him in texas. i leave on tuesday to texas. hopefully the car will still be for sale in 2 weeks when i get back, that is if i dont find a cheaper one in texas. but damn, that car was beautiful. i was so close, my mother had already agreed, until my dad said no. :cry:

EclipseSH21 said:
My dad hates cars and refuses to accept my obsession with them. Consider yourself lucky. :thumb:

LOL, I second that. Everytime I'm replacing something he'll always chime in,"Why don't you just take it to a garage?" Last weekend I was replacing my sway bar links and he walks up, "you know that sears would do that for pretty cheap right?"

I HATE taking my car to garages. There's no way I'm going to pay to have somebody do the same job that I could do. I'm trying to learn how to work on cars and my dad isn't helping the cause at all. :mad: God forbid he actually help me instead of watching me f*** up and take forever.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back