The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

My car is totaled

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostineclips96

Probationary Member
Aug 30, 2004
Phoenix, Arizona
So some stupid broad decides to turn left at an intersection just as I'm driving through. Needless to say, it was not a pretty sight. She was trying to make it through before the light turned red and I was already into the intersection when she decided to turn. Next thing you know BANG!!!! and my car's in pieces. The police report says it's her fault, and she got the ticket, but now I have no car. Thankfully, I work at a body shop and my boss is letting me use one of the cars he's fixing up to drive around for now. But it's going to take a lot of time and money to fix my car. Both frame rails are bent, the engine cradle is bent, the fender bent, the headlight in pieces, the radiator worthless, the hood crunched, the windshield cracked, and nothing left of the bumper.

So now I don't know what to do. I might be parting out an 96 GS-T soon if anyone needs anything.

The title says your car is totaled, but you said its gonna take alot of time to fix it. If its got frame damage, dont mess with it, its never going to drive the same again if you fix it up. Just take the check from the Insurence comapny and buy another eclipse. From my experience eclipses hold their value when it comes being totaled. I paid 5,000 for my 98 Gs, and I got 8,250 back from the insurence when it was totaled.

I got in an accident just like that, except she def. faked an injury and got all hysterical and left in an ambulance, the cop couldn't give her a ticket, so the report says its no fault, my insurance still rocketed sky high though, at least i got enough to pay off my car.

good luck with your next DSM, glad your OK

Lucky for me your local if you decide to part out. Although it sucks. I hate Az drivers. They are the worst! :thumbdown

2fast2furious said:
Lucky for me your local if you decide to part out. Although it sucks. I hate Az drivers. They are the worst! :thumbdown

Sorry to hear about the crash... but i wouldnt say AZ drivers are the worst... you oviously havent been to miami... driving down these streets with iilegal alliens and people running the cops gets a lil scary...LOL but yeah i'm sure the insurance will cover it... shooot say you hurt youe neck and get lik 50k for it... and buy me and you a EVO MR LOL jk

I'm still waiting for the insurance company to decide how much they're gonna give me for the car. The bad thing is it might be a while because this stupid chic is trying to take me to court for it and say it was my fault. I hate girls that can't drive.

Don't salvage your car, just get the insurance payout for it and buy an AWD. That's what I'd do. Then punch that dirty pirate hooker in the ovaries for trying to take you to court.

ok, so your hit in the side i guess??? thats gonna be hard to prove your fault considering you were going straight, you'd have to loose control and be going sideways to hit there.... and women drivers are the worst... me and my dad got in an accident in his brand new truck, this like 90 year old lady didn't take her pills that day and blacked out... yeah... her little car shoved our big truck threw a freaking metal reinforced fence... and since she blacked out... she didn't know what happened, she actually parked her car at the restaurant, got out, and was going to go in because she thought she just pulled into the driveway... SERIOUSLY!?!?!? We still haven't seen money from insurance company for it and its been 2 years... I hatez the womenz drivers... thats why us guys should just drive our girlfriends everywhere... for fear of what other guys girlfriends will do to our cars...

Ironically, women generally do get lower rates than men.:thumbdown That sucks that she is bringing you to court and blaming it on you. The police report will help you out though. Good luck in court.

women get lower rates cause most the time they dont get pulled over for racing, speeding or doing burnouts like us guys do. and when the women do get pulled over they can always unbutton some and get away with it. and then of course when it is their fault they can play the crying card and get away with it that way, whereas us guys would be like "yeah it was me, my bad yo".

you sexist bastards piss me off. And I am not even a chick. 90 percent of the people on the road are dumb a holes, of them 40 percent can't drive to save their lives, so to say women can't drive is a half truth or just dumb. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back