The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

my car is FUGGED!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahh, i gotcha.. that would allow me to actally move the pulley.. yeah that woulda made it alot easier.. I broke the tip off a little screw driver and then put the screw driver in there and pushed on it like that.. it as the only way I could get that damned pulley to move at all

larryd wrote:
well Im done working on the car.. decicded yesterday when I talked to the mechanic.. he is going to take my car and fix it for me.. put in a 6 bolt with forged internals.. Crower rods with Ross Pistons..

Good choice on the internals Larry, can't go wrong with that stuff!

Mario

Yeah, the cheap version of that tool is a little 6 or 8 point socket.. can't remember. Anyway, a smaller one fits in one of the holes and you can use a long screw driver to move the pulley. The Miller Tool is better, but this one works well too.

Yeah, IPT. We are thinking about different tools, but they do the same thing. The one you were talking about is nice because you use it standing up. The Miller Tool I used you have to be under the car to use. Either one works great. My friend actually found a place that sells threaded pipe, just tlike that tool by the foot. He picke dup a 5 foot peice for 2 bucks!

ok i actually have that stupid thing.. I bought it but I couldnt figure out how it works.. now I think I understand.. you screw it in and it holds the outside pulley in place for you to move the inside pulley right?

that sux about your car....its soo nice too, anyway, i just got the head back on my 1G eclipse GS and i noticed the timing belt was so loose i could of slid it off the cam gears, so since i had everything still off because the motor just got put back together, i decided to take off the timing belt cover and see what there is to the tensioner, funny thing is, when the motor turned over as i was taking a crank pully bolt off, it tightened up, since then its been fine. pretty weird huh?

-Mike

Ouch there... what you do? Thats why I plan not to mess around to mod my car.

sounds like you a r tooth off on the t-belt, i start with that. o yeah and by the way there are 2 marks on the cam gears but make sure when they are aligned properly the dowels pins on the cam will be straight up
Bryan

hehe.. I love when people are in the past but thanks for the advice.. i was atleast a tooth off and that was just part of my problems.. the car spun a rod bearing due to a failing oil pump

Hi... i just finished reading all the posts about your car. I feel you man...well not exactly to your extent. with my first dsm... i pulled the timing belt off atleast three different times. and yeah its a pain, even with the tool. but with the tool it cuts the time almost in half.

i just wanted to let you know that when i first got into dsm's and were researhing for info, (so i won't be a dumbass when i post and work on my car), i came across a picture of your car and a list of mods that you were about to do. i thought to myself, damn i wish i could have a car like yours.

well atleast your'e going to keep your car. my first dsm was a 91 fwd turbo laser. after that #@%#@%#@%#@%#@% gave me problems left and right, i decided you slap that mofo and kill it. right now that sucker is nothing but a shell and is ready to be towed away as junk by the state. atleast now i have lots of spare parts for my new and loved 1990 gsx.

hope this makes you feel a bit better =)

i ended up just going all out, fully built 6 bolt with ross pistons and crower rods, o ringed, balance shafts removed, full balanced, 660's extrude honed 1g intake mani,1g head, ported turbo and exhaust mani,apexi skyline fm,web cams, greddy egt,o2 dump
and am very happy with the results.
Bryan

sounds lke what my original intentions were but then I sold my crower rods and ross pistons thinking I wouldnt need the 6 bolt swap anymore.. I was wrong but Ill live.. I just need to run less boost :)

yea sounds pretty rough man. i know how it feels for the hood to fly up on you because it happend to car only when it did that it complety spiderd my windshield which sucks.

when i turn on the car the car is turning over except the timing belt is not moving :confused: what is wrong with it

:D because actually get an answer! what i meant was that the lower end is moving ie the pistons etc. but not the head and #@%#@%#@%#@%. i was originally gonna replace the head if that would fix the problem:confused:

Originally posted by honorablecheng
:D because actually get an answer! what i meant was that the lower end is moving ie the pistons etc. but not the head and #@%#@%#@%#@%. i was originally gonna replace the head if that would fix the problem:confused:

This still doesn't make any sense. The 'head' isn't moving? Do you mean the cam gears? The cams? Is the timing belt on? If the belt is on, and the bottom end turns, the 'head' better damn well move.

Can you be a little more specific?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back