The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

My car got broken into lastnite ='(

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98dsmkid

Freelancer
Aug 4, 2010
San Jose, LB, California
Ughh...So i came home this morning around 2:30am and I noticed these 3 guys walkin back and forth on my street....kinda suspicious so i decide i stick around outside for a bit check things out....didn't see them anymore so i went back to my car and took my key out of my kill switch so my car cant' be started and locked my all my doors, turned on my alarm and went inside...

woke up this morning around 8am went back to my car cause i left a few things inside...like my wallet and phn.....and what did i find WTF wires from my alarm are hanging underneath my car... everything in my glove compartment is on the floor, steering colume torn apart...looks like they tried hot wiring the car...my stereo is half way out with all the wires hanging, my 2 12"s in the back along wit my amp are gone.... wallet and phn are missing which i have 2hundred in there...and i noticed my hood was crack open a lil bit....so i check it out and a recent blow off valve that i jz bought last week and barly installed this wedsday is now pulled and gone... so i have no other choice but to use my old one....i go to turn on my car....and something else is f''d up....now my car stagers and my headlights blinks all crazy for some reason when my car is on... dang im sooo pist....i finally get my car together and put so much $$$ into it and now this crap happens :banghead: :ohdamn: Good thing i put a kill switch or other words my car would of been gone for sure....looks like ill be working on my car again this weekend

damn sorry to hear that.... hopefully nothing else got ####ed up....

Had the same thing happen to me...im still trying to fix all the destroyed wiring. Mine happened inside of a sealed garage while I was in Iraq, so they took their sweet time but still managed to break my wiring all up....and they pulled back my glass so hard it wouldn't seal when it rained. I hate thieves so much, sorry to hear about your problem. In indiana, if you catch someone breaking into your car you can use lethal force because it is an extension of your home. My XDm .45 is ready and waiting for someone to try again in my garage.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Dammmm. That really sucks. But at least your car still turn on bro - That's the good thing. Is there any 2g San Jose guys willing to help my man??? Maybe you want to go to the place you had your alarm installed first and see if they can do anything. hope you get to fix it soon!

Damn sorry to hear that bro. If you need help or need some parts, let me know.

You said you left your phone in the car, what carrier is it? it probably could be tracked.

You said you left your phone in the car, what carrier is it? it probably could be tracked/QUOTE]

Yes deff!! I would try n track the phone and if I found those pieces of shit Id kick their ass! I hope you find some things out bro.. Sorry to hear about it.

Yeah,..Hella sux prob lost a good 750 worth of stuff... but yep your rite dsm_tunder at least it still turns on....i found out the prob. pretty much they riped out the alarm system and cut all the wires...and they messd up the steering colume to my ign. thas why my headlights are flickering...nd i definatly need a new stereo now, i have to reconnect all the wiring that the dumb ##### cut underneath my dash that go to my fuse box and other crap... :ohdamn:

I called my service at&t :notgood: they said if they use the cell they will be able to track it but only if they use it........i haven't heard anything yet from at&t

I finished most of the soldering and re-wired most everything that was cut this afternoon...such a pain and so much time but at least i finally got it done

Thanks guys for the support... :D :thumb:

On a lighter note i get my fmic this week :hellyeah: im lookin forward to putting that on... let me kno if anyone wants to help...i can prob use it LOL :D

Ill hit u up nico when i get a chance..i could prob use your expertise

You are worried about people breaking into your car and then leave a wallet and phone in the car? Don't think I've ever left either in a car ever.

I have a camera with a motion sensor alarm trained on my car and a loaded gun in the room. I live in a small town and I doubt the meth heads would even bother.

Sucks bro I feel your lost. My civic was just painted no longer then two weeks with new 5zigen fn1or rims. Gone and found it 100 miles out of town. I know how you feel. Work your ass off and just gone like that from a punk ass bi*** with no life.
You just have to move on but you'll never forget.
My advice next time man. You spent so much money on your car. Don't hurt to spend extra for protection... e.g. camera, motion lights.. etc. My brother has a outside camera connected to his laptop. Every motion is detected it records. Other then that it's always on.
What kind of alarm you have on? I don't want to feel my viper is useless.

That's cali for you. The most stolen cars in usa, if I remember correctly.

wow, usually DSMs are not jacked, but these thieves prob knew you and your car, that you've been putting stuff in it.

im in SJ, so are many of us. where in SJ exactly did this happen. more details man so we know wahtsup.

also why why why, you already had a suspicious feeling and even saw those guys, yet still left your wallet with that much money and your phone? i just didnt get that part of your story.

nevertheless, did you install the alarm yourself.. i installed a full fledged remote start alarm with all features on my 2g.. so i know where all the wiring is, HELL, I MADE THE FIRST MOST ACCURATE WIRING GUIDE ON DSMTUNERS.. i bet alarm shops are using it now. there were MANY MANY mistakes before i made mine, hell i know dsmers here locally that wired their shit wrong :shhh: so if that will help you, check it out, in the guides. but i feel ya because installing an alarm correctly with all the features is tedious as hell. thats always the hardest when a car gets jacked, fixing all the wiring mess they leave.

give us details on the parts stolen so we can look out on craigs

hope everything works out.. ya gotta watch out in the Bay Area, high cost of living, everybody out to jack.. thats how i look at it.. if your car starts to become too nice, and depending where you live, best find a garage.

i know someone's 2g who got jacked at the red lobster on capitol/aborn, during busy dinner hours, while he was eating, when he came out, JACKED..

This is why I own a gun. There are 9 milimeters of a reason not to touch my ####ing car.

Or anything else, for that matter. Agreed though, you feel the suspicion and still left the wallet and phone in? Thats just a bad idea man, sorry for your loss.

I hate it when people steal shit. my iPod and my Bose earbuds got stolen out of my gym locker a few weeks ago. ON FREAKING BASE! I cant imagine if someone stole my car, or something out of it.

Gotta love kill switches. thats y i got one in mine because they can start it. Sorry about the car but theyll get busted eventually so id just report it and just try to fix the car as best as you can.

I hear you guys....I was on the eastside of san jose on mckee and white....i didn't mean to jz leave my stuff in my car. I actually thought i had it in my room with most of all my crap i brought in from that nite....I think they were keepin watch at my car for awhile now...prob checkin whens a good time to jack me....

and about my alarm... i had it installed in merced.ca the guy that installed it put my alarm system rite where my horn was....what a ####### idiot :ohdamn:
Im installing a new one this week... mostlikely getting one with a remote start...ima invested in a good one :thumb:

parts stolen: :mad:

Infinity - 6" x 9" 3-Way Car Speakers with Polypropylene Woofer Cones (Pair) - Silver,

Kenwood KAC-6104D Amplifier + 2 Kicker Subs, Dual 12" Box

greddy rz BOV

let me kno if you see any of these on craigslist . thanx!!!

Any time I have a shop install stuff in my car. I put a fake address just incase they decide to follow and steal my stuff. Also at night when I come home. I make sure no one follows me and no one standing outside before I go inside my house!

damn sorry to hear this man.

I'm in SJ as well. I've been seeing these kids walk around my neighborhood late at night lately. So now, I am going to have to keep an extra lookout for sure.

What side of SJ did this happen in?

I hate it when people steal shit. my iPod and my Bose earbuds got stolen out of my gym locker a few weeks ago. ON FREAKING BASE! I cant imagine if someone stole my car, or something out of it.

YO, I heard about someone that was in the gym on base and came out after he was all done, and bam, "dude, where's my car." Thieves are EVERYWHERE, I hate it.

YO, I heard about someone that was in the gym on base and came out after he was all done, and bam, "dude, where's my car." Thieves are EVERYWHERE, I hate it.

People who do stuff on base like that are total tards. The chances of being caught are way higher because the base is such a small community not to mention the cameras that are everywhere. At least they are here. I know what cars my friends drive and who they let drive them and I don't hesitate to send them a message if something is fishy. The consequences in my eyes are allot harsher on base than the civilian world jail, loss of career, fines, etc... Some dude at my base got caught driving a stolen car from another Mil member w/n 24hrs of stealing it. Let’s just say his potential career no longer exists.

My CC said "We do not tolerate theft and those who still from our own may god have mercy on them because I won't."

I no longer do it but when I first came in I used to leave my car unlocked and key in it all the time when on base. Only thing that ever happened to my car then was my friends putting a princess plate holder on my LOL...

well hey there is alot worse out there trust me.. long story short my 95 gsr gets stolen and never found, i get an 05 sti and then hit by a drunk driver 9 months later then my dog dies... so that should make you feel better! LOL

Man that straight out blows....just get that eclipse back up and running

Had the same thing happen to me...im still trying to fix all the destroyed wiring. Mine happened inside of a sealed garage while I was in Iraq, so they took their sweet time but still managed to break my wiring all up....and they pulled back my glass so hard it wouldn't seal when it rained. I hate thieves so much, sorry to hear about your problem. In indiana, if you catch someone breaking into your car you can use lethal force because it is an extension of your home. My XDm .45 is ready and waiting for someone to try again in my garage.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I wonder if this applies in California. got a 12 gauge ready :hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back