The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

My car featured in Modified Magazine Jan 2013!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSiAWD666

Supporting Vendor
Aug 15, 2003
Herndon, Virginia
My car is featured in the January 2013 issue of Modified Magazine! Go buy it now! :) I thought folks might get a kick of out a DSM still making the pages of a car magazine. Here are scans of the feature, but please go pick up the issue!

Cover:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Pages 1 and 2:

Pages 3 and 4. They goofed and listed the car as a 95 despite my corrections to the writer. It's a 99:

Pages 4 and 5. I'm embarassed with these engine shots... man was it a mess in there. I didn't spend much time beautifying the engine bay. It's changed quite a bit since the shoot (which took place May 2012) for the better but I expect a lot of you will be ridiculing my race car's engine bay being so disorganized. It's getting better, honest!:

I couldn't upload higher res scans than these due to the limitations here on dsmtuners.com, but if anyone would like higher res scans let me know. I also have the full res (which are huge) versions of all photos in the shoot, and I can share those for personal use only as well.

Oh for s and g's I had a small picture and column in the Nov 2012 issue of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine for my participation in the 2012 Ultimate Track Car Challenge in July:

Congrats and I'll read the article while I shop for groceries and throw it on candy shelf before checking out ROFL

Congrats! Looks good!

Congrats man, always love to see DSM's or anything 4G63 powered in magazines. I hope to one day be featured in a magazine with the VR4.

Sweet to see you finally got a date for its release. I remember when you shared the news of you appearing in mod. Couldn't have ask for a better car to represent the dsm community.

Awesome spread.

How do you mix up a 95 and a 99? Not only are the numbers totally separate from each other on the keyboard, but I thought these are supposed to be car guys? Most real wrenchers would be appauled if you mixed up years (and half generations)..

Thanks everyone!

Regarding the 95/99 mixup, it was some confusion on the writer's part rather than a typo. I told him the story about how I started with a 95, and then how I lost that 95 and replaced it with a 99, but he forgot about the switch when writing the article and thought it was a 95 all along. I corrected him when I read a rough draft but it seems that correction only made it to parts of the feature and not everywhere. They left out a sponsor of mine too. Even gave Andrew Brilliant a Ph.D. (which he doens't have). So not the best editing...

They even left out what I think is one of the best shots from the photo shoot:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back