The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

My biss screw keeps on popping out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowboydlr

Vendor/Site Sponsor
20+ Year Contributor
Jun 24, 2002
Has anybody had this problem with thier biss screw popping out. I was crusin' in Johnstown, PA and my biss screw came out twice that night. I just figured it was loose and keeps on coming out. I'll probably use telfon tape and screw it back in. Hopefully this will hold it better. But I just wanted to see if their might be another reason why this happens?

DanE

It's missingf the O-ring and the cap that goes over it.

Later,

You might want to get the cap that goes over it and tape that down.

Later,

Get a new screw, o-ring, and cap (if you want the cap that is).

It actually cured alot of idle problems on my old 1g I had. Silly to think a $3 part cured about 4 months of speculation with idle surge.

It's a dealer part, and most parts guys say you need a whole "something or other assembly" (idle speed controller, isc.) to get these parts. Don't trust them, get the part numbers from a friend, local chapter, dsm.org, or CAPS. I'm just too lazy to look them up for you right now.

Mitsu part # is MD614948 and it's called, "Adjusting Screw, Throttle Body". You need a #5 O-ring (3/8x1/4x1/16, available at most hardware stores), now available as Mitsu part # MD608806.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back