The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

My Archer Brothers Racing SCCA World Challenge Championship Winning Eagle Talons

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you didn't know, the JDM NA 4g63 were rated at 156-166hp, while the EDM were based off the JDM made 150hp with both markets having 10.4-10.5:1cr and similar cam duration. The 92 Galant GS/GSR is based off the EDM NA 4g63 made 144hp with 9.8:1cr. So what cams are in the #34 right now?

Hey Phil, I can't believe I've never read this thread before! Many many props to you. Don't know if you still have the PS issue on #32 but I recently put a depowered rack on my 2g and I absolutely love it. I think it's better than a true manual rack as it maintains the shorter turn ratio of a power rack, and much quicker response. Plus, one less thing to maintain.
I hope to see you continue updating this thread! Much love!

Edit: wait a minute, you mentioned about two years ago you got another Archer car? Did I miss something? If I did, apologies; I'm at work and secretly reading this thread.

Last edited:
Hey Phil, I can't believe I've never read this thread before! Many many props to you. Don't know if you still have the PS issue on #32 but I recently put a depowered rack on my 2g and I absolutely love it. I think it's better than a true manual rack as it maintains the shorter turn ratio of a power rack, and much quicker response. Plus, one less thing to maintain.
I hope to see you continue updating this thread! Much love!

Edit: wait a minute, you mentioned about two years ago you got another Archer car? Did I miss something? If I did, apologies; I'm at work and secretly reading this thread.
I've actually stopped running the #32 after placing first in four consecutive time trial competitions at Lime Rock in 2014-2015.

The first Archer car I got was the NA #34...

And, I also have their one off 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T...

Here is the normally aspirated #34... 1991 SCCA WC Super Production Class Champion. I will drive this car on track for the last time on October 8, 2016. It's an amazing performer. Not much by way of straight-line speed, but, it's cornering speeds are impressive.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back