The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

My Archer Brothers Racing SCCA World Challenge Championship Winning Eagle Talons

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil1320

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 9, 2002
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Hey all,

I wanted to finally start a thread about these cars. Over the last 1.5 years I've been able to acquire a couple of these cars. What I have are:

Bobby Archer's #32 1990 Talon TSi FWD Turbo Champ Winner

and

Mitch Wright's #34 1991 Talon FWD Non Turbo Champ Winner

Neither car was running when they arrived.

I've had #34 on track four times this year, it's a fun car for sure.

I'm days away from the first track visit/shakedown with #32. Quite a bit of work went into this car as it arrived with several issues.

I've taken several pics along the way and would be glad to share those and accompanying info if you all would be interested.

I figured a new thread was in order as the 'Resurrection' thread is now 7+ years old and doesn't seem to be too active.

I'll get some current pics up here soon and we can go from there.

Anyone interested?

Thanks,

Phil

That's pretty cool to hear about bro. I'm trying hard this year to get scca autocross started here on Kauai. I plan to use one of my gst's and my gvr4, its cool to see older Mitsu's that have done well with scca events. We wanna see pics bro!! :)

Last edited:
Definitely interested. This kind of stuff is always exciting!

Here's one shot for starters:

Im sure many will be interested in this great history that you've acquired. I know I am.

Cool, glad to hear. I was truly guaging interest as my hands are full these days. No reason for me to take the time if noone is into it. So, this is a nice reception here.

Post pics damnit

Got it...

Of course we're interested... :|

But..... WE NEED PICS :p LOL

More to come.....

Now are you modding these Phil or are you keeping them stock to how they were raced back in the day?

Great question. I will elaborate on this asap. The #34 was altered quite a bit over the years. I'll try to do a chronological breakdown on both cars as I get started here. I've got quite a bit of info to share on both cars.

The general idea though is to try to maintain as much of the integrity as I can.

very interested! Subscribed

Awesome! Hope you enjoy...

That's pretty cool to hear about bro. I'm trying hard this year to get scca autocross started here on Kauai. I plan to use one of my gst's and my gvr4, its cool to see older Mitsu's that have done well with scca events. We wanna see pics bro!! :)

Very cool! Well, here we go:

Here we go:

I don't believe you Phil... no proof. :p

Please do share!

Believe me now? :sneaky:

If he doesn't post pics he should be banned.

...and if you don't run 10's on the 14b in 2013 you are banned ROFL

Definitely interested. This kind of stuff is always exciting!

Cool, hope you find it informative!

Interested :)

Awesome, enjoy!

Definitely Subscribed!

Great!

Attachments

• archercars1r.jpg
    archercars1r.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 498
What #34 looked like when I picked it up:

Attachments

• archer34pickup1r.jpg
    archer34pickup1r.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 556
Have you changed anything besides the mirror covers and door stickers? You mentioned that the #34 had been changed pretty extensively - what else was done to it and what have you already reverted back?

Have you changed anything besides the mirror covers and door stickers? You mentioned that the #34 had been changed pretty extensively - what else was done to it and what have you already reverted back?

Actually, in the above picture, the car does not have the original doors, driver mirror, or hatch. Those have since been replaced with the original pieces. There are some other things that have been added and removed. I will be compiling a list of these things to present.

Really cool 1Gs, mind I ask, how much you picked them up for?

Thanks. Without being specific, about 1/5 the MSRP of a 2003 Lancer Evolution.

So well preserved.

In some respects, yes, in others, no. Overall, yes. And, I'm doing my best to bring #34 back to it's original overall look. It still has some of it's original livery missing, which I will elaborate on. #32 appears as it was raced.

Damn you got them for cheap. Amazing pieces of history and I am thankful they came into good hands. I would love to see all the little secrets they were using to tune up these cars

I'm about 2 hours away, I'd love to look them over one day... Compare them to the rally car.

Damn you got them for cheap. Amazing pieces of history and I am thankful they came into good hands. I would love to see all the little secrets they were using to tune up these cars

All things considered, yes. However with any older cars, some time and money had to go into them. #34 needed a fuel cell bladder right out of the gate as it was leaking. I had never heard the car run before I got it.

The original doors had the # '38' on them. The guy that originally bought the car from the Archer's was forced to remove the '34' as the race series he entered apparently already had a car with that number. So, I had new #34's made to the best spec I could using pictures of the car from the past.

Thanks! There's alot more to tell, it'll just be in spurts.

There are some cool things about these cars for sure, keeping in mind they were raced more than two decades ago.

I'll provide some driving impressions at some point. As stated above, I'll be taking #32 out on track this Tuesday for an initial shakedown. Hopefully all goes well and I can get into starting to push it a little by the end of the day.

I'm about 2 hours away, I'd love to look them over one day... Compare them to the rally car.

Definitely a possibility we can meet sometime. Thanks for the interest!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back