The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

1G My 91 Laser RS n/t power crisis

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Project Draven

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 6, 2004
Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania
well all recently i bought a 91 lazer rs with n/t 2.0 engine. Basically ever since i got the car it has been running horribly. It takes at least 12 seconds of engine cranking for it to finally start. and it runs with no power. believe it or not it if i am on a slight incline and i literally smash the accelerator it will just about stall or it will. i am at a loss i have no idea what the problem could be. could someone plz help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Brandon

check fuel filter, clean fuel injectors, change spark plugs, wires, check timing belt condition, listen to see if its otu of time, check cat for clogs, make sure fuel pump clicks on and report back.

LOL :laugh:

belt is nearly mint. when engine cranks over u can smell gas from the front, i changed the spark plugs, i still need to replace the wires even though all cylinders have spark, fuel filter i will change and i purged the fuel system to see if it gets fuel and it does but i will replace it anyway. i will report back after i do

Also do a compression check, pressurize the intake and make sure there aren't any leaks (there's not much there to leak on a N/A, but sometimes the TB leaks).
Does the car smoke at all? Anything else out of the ordinary?

well hey all i just wanted to let u all know that i think i found my problem it appears that my coil packs are bad and the only firing cylinders were 1 and 4. Thanks 4 all ur help and feedback it is greatly appreciated. I will keep u all posted on how it goes. getting new coils hopfully tomorrow. peace out all

i had a ignition problem on my n/t when i had it. i had a feelign it was ignition wise but always do the cheapest things first. then go to the more expensive stuff :laugh: :thumb:

i'm surprised my engine ran on 2 cylinders I mean thats screwed up

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back