The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

My 420A Race Car!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSM-ZERO

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2002
San Antonio, Texas
:dsm: NOW
I have been working on this project for over a year now. The car ahas come a very long way and has some very custom parts made for it. Currently the car is not finished but im poasting this to get the hype on my car going

Right now iam in iraq fighting the war on terrorism....I come home in july and the car should be done abd ready for some track time and start to gt the suspension dialed in and learing how drive it.

Some things i like to point out on my car is
1. A very trick Double Wish Bone Conversion using suspension parts from an Acura Interga along with some custon suff also....now this is a complete bolt on also!!!!

2. I have been working with Crane Cmas and Darrell Cox Racing and PFI to create a very special pair of custom cams.....Now as of right now im not giving any specs on the cams away sorry

3. This car will break the HAHN record and become one if not the fastest Street Legal FWD eclipse ........I hope fingers crossed

4. Im planing on a 700hp plus motor if i need more then will pull more but right now the bench mark is 700

OK pictures might be a problem because I am IN IRAQ RIGHT NOW and i have to rely on PFI to send them to me...PFI is also a strong driving force behind me an is doing an awsome job in supporting me

more pics will come but it might be slow at some times
any Q's feel free to ask ..................please no spamming im doing my best and my heart is in this project i dont want any flaming thank you

Robert Montalvo

www.pfispeed.com ask for paul if you call

here is a pic

Attachments

• mod  1.JPG
    mod 1.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 10,386
Looks pretty sweet, what color you ganna go with?

another ill keep posing pics as i can but it sucks because i have to make the pics cmal enough to post them so it might take some time....

Attachments

• mod 34.JPG
    mod 34.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 10,099
Looks good so far, but 700hp? That sounds like an awful lot for a 420a LOL. Can't wait to see the progress, keep us updated!

:dsm:
Just remember, I [and probably the 420 community as a whole] are waiting for the slips [timeslip, dyno sheet], and probably a video. If even possible, maybe even a post of all the mod's you installed to reach the dyno-proven HP/TRQ. Good luck.

Chris

I, as well as Driggs, can vouch for him... I've only heard things through the grapevine, but Brian knows more of the intimate details of the project.

No offense, but i would of held off on the paint and body work until after at least 10 pulls with the new motor in.

Anyway, looks good just needs a set of black gram-lights or volks on there :)
I put a set of crap wheels and tires on mine too when i did the paint and body work. so id didnt have to worry about overspray.

Yeah I remember DSM Zero from way back, doing some serious reseach and asing some serious questions, regarding the 420a motor itself.

If the guys at trev-tech can push nearly 450whp out of the 420a, which seems to be some basic building and lots of tuning, I believce he can go even farther....

Its time for hahn's record to be broken, I know they did alot of innovations for the 430a motor, but I think they've moved to a varitey of things, and now its time for somone close in our community to go get that top spot.

DSM Zero, are you still running haltech, or did you end up switching to something else?
I understnad if you can't talk about it yet.

I'm pretty sure Hahn's record already has been broken. I know at least one person personally that could have very well broke 10.87 seconds. His setup was very impressive, I just never personally saw a timeslip, so I can't definitely confirm or deny it.

Im running the Electromotive Tech 3r with the crank trigger pully kit and its direct fire coils also...

Yes I will post all times good and bad.....and all my dyno #'s too.....good and bad.

Right now the car is still getting all the suspension stuff tied up. there are still some more things that have to be fabbed for it and im waiting on brakes to be done also.....

The motor is it right now but it's not wired up or anything bolted on.
Im going to give PFI a call today and request them to send me more pics also

looks like you and awddynamite are going to be fighting for a new record. Good luck with the project and your goals and make sure you come back safe to beat hahns record

Hey Paul, correct me if I'm wrong (cause I often am :p ) but I thought Hahn was in the 10.7's?

I suspect that Trevor will beat that this year (if he stays in).

Good luck on the 700whp.

MB

Yeah man, I honestly hope someone in the DSM community can break Hahn's record. That'd be a milestone for the 420a..

Man I'd love to do something like that to the 240sx... Just not for drag. CoughdriftCough.. :p

Keep it up, man. :thumb:

I just have one question..or statement..

your car already has a "trick double wishbone" from the factory set up.. what do you mean by "Double wishbone conversion"?

Nice project -props on that!

Hey Paul, correct me if I'm wrong (cause I often am :p ) but I thought Hahn was in the 10.7's?

Good luck on the 700whp.

MB

I wanna say it is 10.23 or 10.21, something like that. It used to be on their site but no more :cry:

Good luck on the 700whp.

MB

Bah, what's 0.10, or even 0.60 seconds? That's so little amount of time, it's insignificant... :p

Either way, I'm still relatively sure the record has already been broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back