The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

My 2gb awd talon build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So today I got the ISC motor harness built seeing as how I had totally removed it from the ecu. I did not realize the guy i bought it from, had already modded it for remote use. I tucked it away so it will never be seen. Ill post pics tomorrow.

20171124_110305.jpg
20171124_110258.jpg

Isc fully tucked away. Now just waiting for the replacement TB to get back from the powdercoater. Then we can time her. Also, I'm going to replace the an lines on the brake and clutch reservoir with an hard lines. The intake is too massive and it looks like a mess.

So I watch a lot of comments that make no sense. I really don't go to tuners often and this is why. So for understanding. My engine bay is shaved. I did not think I needed this so I had to find a place to mount it and I'd already built the harness. It was either tear it apart or make another harness. So I didn't just do this for looks, it was the only practical thing to do.

reputation_pos.gif

Ok so I paid to have the intake polished which cost me a pretty penny. Now it's dull again. So question. I was talking to the guy that does all of my powdercoating and he showed me so transparent coats that allow the aluminum to show through. So I would just polish it once more then have it coated. What do yall think?

reputation_pos.gif

Ok so I paid to have the intake polished which cost me a pretty penny. Now it's dull again. So question. I was talking to the guy that does all of my powdercoating and he showed me so transparent coats that allow the aluminum to show through. So I would just polish it once more then have it coated. What do yall think?

The coating will yellow over time and you will need to remove the coating.

The iac/isc/fiav are designed to raise the idle. If your car is idling high with them deleted there may be a problem with a vacuum leak or the throttle body blade not being closed enough or leaking through the shaft seal on the tb.
Yeah LOL, I have found the leak. It was the brake booster.

Acquired another nitrous kit LOL. It came off a trade-in camaro. I have no idea what I'll do with it. I boxed it up. Maybe I'll install most of it on the Galant.

If I was you, I'd learn to polish. Its fairly easy to do with a drill or da orbital. Drill is to low speed to burn through clear. Da is easier to use than a rotary polisher to for the same reasons.

But if you are polishing bare metal is pretty hard to f*** it up. I clean the metal with 1000-1800 grit going back and forth to get a grain. It looks better than the random action you get with a da, or swirls with a drill attachment.

Then use some compound, followed by metal/machine polish. I do my pipes and intake whenever I have them off. Did my intake manifold a while back too. Looked pretty nice. But those stock manifolds are a bi*** to keep clean unless you shave the texture off them.

Finally got her on the road.....kinda LOL. There is still much to iron out, but I'm making way. She kept cutting off because I can't drive a standard LOL. no, I have to adjust the clutch pedal. Also the tune is not spot on. I will say this, she is very snappy. It does not take much pedal to get her to move. I have not gotten her into boost yet. Kind of anxious but being patient, and HKS EVC6 is a pain.She rides like a skateboard LOL, but I do not mind.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back