The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Drag Race Build My 2g dsm second build, this ones going smoother

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFlashDSM

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2010
stony brook, New_York
build stuff videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCATEEbyekPcywndZ6zHLDcQ

Hey guys my names richie and i picked up an automatic red 2g for $3200 as seen in the photo!!! this car is completely bone stock, excepts the oil ;), this 2g is a 99 with 115,000 esh. miles on it, its runs mint, so what im going to be doing is posting up my pictures up the project up on dsmtuners bc im a huge fan of this site have been for a long time!! Now i bought the car in september 2015 and i have all ready done so much to it, so before i do anything else im going to start a thread on my build, and YES im also gonna need some help with things as well, the photos im going to post are since sep. till this evening of everything i have been working on and actually remembered to photograph for this page!!! please comment and replay SO MUCH LOVE FOR THE ALL THE DSM'S INCLUDING MINE! End goal 800+hp
well here she is!! super clean and of coarse the first thing i found was rims and tires!! evo rims with bridge stone race master for only $800! now ive been saving up for a while to do my dream build and this is it! SO HERE WE GO!
P.S. show some support!
IMG_1993.JPG
IMG_1994.JPG

Last edited:
so the first task at hand was to find parts for the build! and oh boy was there a lot of stuff out there so i started shopping (mostly used)
So here are some things i got a set of HKS 264-272 cam with skunksworks adj. cam gears and what you see on them is polish from my buffer i used it to remove old build up oil ($150)
IMG_2062.JPG

Now This bin is worth about $1500 bucks because what lies inside is 1.dsmlink v3 lite 2.aem wideband with no cables, 3. precision 62-62 turbo (i think) 4. glowshift boost gauge, oil pressure, oil temp gauge,
5. a blue tial external wastegate, 6. a tial blow off valve, 7. 1250cc fic injectors, 8. fuel pressure regulator 9. high flow fuel rail.
IMG_2063.JPG

here we have a mishimoto radiator ($50)
IMG_2064.JPG

most likely an ebay intercooler with full piping for a 2g dsm ($50)
IMG_2065.JPG

okay so now we got some parts time to start taking unnecessary sh*t out of the car (sensors, charcole ac) you know the usual!!

IMG_2068.JPG
IMG_2069.JPG
IMG_2070.JPG

so now lets begin putting some things in and doing so work now!!! first thing i did was put in the injectors , fuel rail and pressure regulator!

IMG_2071.JPG
IMG_2112.JPG

the second i put the turbo init was time for the intercooler! and yea i know its crooked but its fixed as of right now (dec-9-2015)
IMG_2120.JPG
IMG_2113.JPG

okay so now its all together and yea sorry i aint got no pics of putting in the dsmlink ecu sorry guys i know you really wanted to see that, but any ways this is what we got a really dirty looking bay still the above photo was after i cleaned it (soap and water)
IMG_2110.JPG

Last edited:
so after the engine bay was done my next little project was quick releases for the front bumper, and just to let you guys know there called toggle latches there like $7 for a 2 pack from truevalue

IMG_2148.JPG
IMG_2149.JPG

so next things im going to be posting up is the car running, its not currently tuned yet but i messed with dsmlink because im kinda famillar with it,just to get the car running and boosting to about 15psi right now.

I hope this is just a drag car build cause it will never pass NYS inspection.

Is the car a gst or gsx? I see the cat has good taste and loves the rare black interior LOL. Did you drop the battery or relocate it? You should send your ecm link in to be upgraded to full v3. Nice build btw keep the photos coming!
its an automatic 99 gsx with lsd rear!! the battery was relocated to trunk and i was gonna get the full v3 and put it in my self its only swapping chips kinda easy bc my ecu was socketed

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back