The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

my $200 awd talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fyi that block was a 10 sec dsm b4 the vavle drop

Hey, on that manual rack idea you have.... go for it!! I have done this mod....its really straight forward and you get to remove a lot of stuff. I daily drive my car with a smaller steering wheel (sparco) than stock and I personally love it. Any q's hit me up.

got bored and started playing around with some dupli-color caliper paint
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hey PM me we need to meet sometime. Ive made freidns with another member Calan but other than that Im the only True (turbo DSM ) that I know of close by. IM about 20 from OKC and attend OKCCC. It would be cool to meet you and check out the car. I currently own a 2g Auto AWD that is getting rebuilt and may be acquiring a spyder very soon :)

Sounds like a sweet deal. I too at one point purchased a 90 tsi awd talon, sun roof with everything removed, started messing with stuff cleaning and organizing harness' but then I fell out and did something I regret...I recycled the whole car including everything that came with except turbo, intercooler, bov.
Good luck with yours.
Ps. That duplicolor crap doesn't stick good...
P.p.s orange bottom black top didn't do much for me, there's one around here with the same paint job.

Thats a pretty good deal for $200 bucks.....I got lucky enough to get a 2gb talon shell free

heavy dash cover removed
hvac parts removed brackets, vents, etc

brackets and center support removed
making room for my battery box and fuel cell

passenger door completely gutted
started driver not finish
removed power window motors, lock motors, etc. even the motors in the mirrors have been removed

next iam gona break out the angle grinder and cut out the door frame and crash bars
then aluminium door panels install for some light doors like project goodwill.

i tried to do a custom black suede center console piece LOL, tell me what you think.

start on my front mount, first i insert a piece of rigid metal in side of the open spaces in mount. then fill i it with some poly. i do the rest later

rear wing, side skirts and side pieces getting ready to get primed and prepped for paint

reason for carpet and dash is that i still want it to be a lil comfy inside and still have that dsm feel, minus heat/ac components behind dash.

progress on gutting doors still thinkn if i should cutt out crash bar...

evo8 intercooler mock up

this pipe goes up thru the hole to meet the bov flange then at the intercooler inlet it will have to be cut and turned toward i.c. outlet

this will pipe come from turbo j-pipe to intercooler it will need to be cut and angle just a little to line up with i.c. inlet better. i will need another pipe like this to make a intake to throttle body and bov will be mounted to it.

this how am go do my custom j-pipe, the original flange will be cut off the hole will be enlarged. i cut these pipes from an old sidemount i had laying around which will be weld together and will have vacuum tube put on it.

Not too bad for $200 buddy!

A few years ago, I picked up a non running white 92 AWD Talon, 6 bolt engine 4 bolt rear, 5 speed from a local shop that doesn't know much about DSM's. The car was fairly clean and well worth the, get this...... $250 I paid for it. I trailered it home and began tinkering with the car to see what was up with it. The shop had taken apart the CAS, so I installed a spare I had. I then found the ECU had fried, again, threw in a spare eprom ecu I had laying around. I also found that the fuel pump had died as well, and the sending unit wasn't in very good shape. A quick call to a friend, a few hours and $10 later, I had a good condition sending unit and a Wally 190 to throw in it. She then fired right up and ran pretty good. Over a course of about 2 months I did misc maintenance on the car including pads and rotors all around, new tie rods and alignment. Also did some new plugs and accell wires. I also had an ebay 3" downpipe laying around and a ebay muffler that I had gotten for free a while back, and a quick stop a local exhaust shop and my buddy ran the rest in mild 3" pressbent for $75.
Overall I had about $600 in the entire car including purchase price. I drove it for a while, and then sold it to someone for an awesome $2,800. That sale allowed me to finish my other GSX at the time.

So good deals are out there and sometimes you can flip them to make a good bit of cash. Wish I could do that again with another car like that. Minimal cost and minimal parts and minimal work turned out for a great payback.

Heres a pic of the $250 car.

evo8 intercooler fitment with bumper

the intercooler is black so it looks really steathy

Last edited:
right now iam doing boring stuff because iam waiting to get the talon painted by my best friend that is in the process of painting his 240sx now.

but as far as the interior, am gona use a summit g2100 racing seat/5-point harness and a roll cage.

on the paint ive have decided to go all black with black rx7 fd wheels

slowly but surely...

this is my donor ricer laser i picked up today, got it $400 but not running good but starts

81,351 mi

4 bolt rear end

minty seats

this probly happen the same year fast & furious came out

front end not so bad

motor seems decent besides the massive exhaust leak at the exhaust manifold
this thing is not making any boost, barely idles with the throttle floored has to be a vacuum leak, fuel filter or pump, or those dam auto-lite spark plugs!

here my talon as it sits new shoes waiting for a paint job

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back