The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

My $20-30 vacuum bleeding canister

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Today I went to Lowe's to buy stuff to build a canister to vacuum bleeding. I have bought 2 of the hand pumps with the tiny cheapo canisters in the past and with both sets the canister rotted the o-ring after 1 use and both pumps had the check valve wear out.

What I bought:

- 3" PVC coupler
- 2x 3" cleanout adaptors
- 3" cleanout plug (square nub on the end)
- 3" plug (flat)
- 2x NPT to hose barbs
- 20 feet of hose
- PVC glue

Stuff I already had:

- PVC primer
- Teflon tape
- Vacuum gauge

Assembly is self explainatory. I glued the flat/bottom plug in because it never needs to come out. This project cost me $26.91. I just use the engine's vacuum as a source. It's free, except the gas used to idle the car. The canister probably has more than a quart of capacity. The most difficult part of assembly is putting the barb fittings in. I have NPT taps but PVC will allow the fittings to self-tap and seal perfectly so I just always use a slightly smaller drill bit and force thread the fittings in place. The hose barb and vacuum gauge threads don't need teflon tape. I put teflon tape on the cap threads, too. I tested how it hold vacuum and it went down only a 2 or 3 inHg in 30 seconds. This was just pinching the hose and having my finger on the other barb.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back