The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

My 1st AWD!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboATM

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Jacksonville, North_Carolina
I picked up my 1st awd car today...I would of never guess it my 1st awd WOULDNT of been a DSM!

1990 Camry All Trac. 107k, super super clean for being a 1990, Super rare find...The owner says he believes the timing belt went. The battery is 100% dead so i cant attempt to start or anything...I did pull back the timing cover enough to see that the belt is still on the cam, but dont know if its missing teeth or anything.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

not too sure about this button...LOL

I believe...this is to lock/open the center diff? I havent read up too much about it.

I look forward to having this thing running! I dont know anything about this car, aside from guys over on the All Trac and Toyota sites are swapping in the 3sge and 3sgte turbo motors from the Celica All Tracs and GT4s...sweeeet!

Maybe Somedayy...

Ha. Lofty your Cressy now has a friend ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha.

Manual swap it, I dare you.

Looks EPIC. You can tell our cars are of the same breed.

Mudflaps FTW.

I think... actually no, I took mine off. Disregard that.

If for some reason our cars are broken for the shootout let's ball out early 90's yodas to the shootout. I'll do burnouts, you can do AWD launches. Deal?
Deal.

( I still have less miles than you, HAHA!)

Nice find. I would defiently start building up a 3sgte for it.

that would be sweet...ive found i can get a JDM turbo motor with the ecu and awd trans for under a grand...maybe some day!

Rims and exhaust should be first order of business....even for a winter ride. Those factory rims make the car look like it should be driven by a mid-40's single female.

For the exhaust, I'd leave the stock cat and extension pipe in place for convenience, then get a Dynomax UltraFlow like I got for the GS.

BTW- The "ECT" button modifies the shift points for more aggressive driving. My mother's Lexus has the same thing.

Ha, ive already looked into exhaust, and want something just like what you have...simple, not ricey looking.

Also i was thinking about getting 5x100-5x114 conversion spacers, and runnin' the RX7 wheels, ha

Also i was thinking about getting 5x100-5x114 conversion spacers, and runnin' the RX7 wheels, ha
Not in the winter you don't- that thing will be all over the place. You want skinny tires with deep tread for snow....the rims can be much more attractive than stock, however. :p

I'm sure you can play with the offset a little so the wheels aren't tucked under the body so shittily.

Not in the winter you don't- that thing will be all over the place. You want skinny tires with deep tread for snow....the rims can be much more attractive than stock, however. :p

I'm sure you can play with the offset a little so the wheels aren't tucked under the body so shittily.

yea i didnt mean in the snow...LOL. I do wanna get the adapters, so i can share wheels with the DSM...having a set of GST 5 spokes with snow tires would be sweet. (Now if i only had mine still....LOL)

and SHOW ME lofty!!!

...So apparently this thing is worth up to $2500 after i get it running and do little detail work!!

Also, this is the slowest production Camry to date. Litterally...LOL FML

IT still can do this!
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GnZJqpOMdJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

...so i towed this baby girl home, put the battery on a jump box....and IT FIRED RIGHT UP!!! Haha, i have no idea what the hell the other guy was talking about, saying timing belt broke and it wont run, blah blah....

this makes the 2nd car i've bought in a year that had a dead battery-my Talon i paid 900 for, the previous owner saying it had major electric problems and wouldn't keep a charge or start...

TIP OF THE DAY-IF YOUR CAR DIES AND YOU CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHY...AND YOU WANT TO SELL IT...BUY A NEW BATTERY BEFORE YOU DO SO!! ^_^

TIP OF THE DAY-IF YOUR CAR DIES AND YOU CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHY...AND YOU WANT TO SELL IT...BUY A NEW BATTERY BEFORE YOU DO SO!! ^_^
Better yet- if your car dies and you cannot figure out why...and you want to sell it....

Call Anthony. LOL

Better yet- if your car dies and you cannot figure out why...and you want to sell it....

Call Anthony. LOL

haha, i know right.

That Laser mite end up being the same sort of deal...LOL

I already got it a little bit sideways in the parking lot at work today! AWD FTW!

A little update...

...My girlfriend got me a GoPro for Christmas, Wooohhooo!!!!!

Here is a few pics and vids of the progress of the car...its becoming quite the badass winter beater!

A Little fun with my helmet mount, LOL. These both best in HD!
GoPro Helment Cam Test, LOL - YouTube
GoPro Top Mount test - YouTube

You forgot to update that the car ended up being about 3-teeth off on the valve timing and still ran....not wonderfully, but it ran! I knew something was fishy when I attempted to adjust the base timing right after he bought it and with the distributor all the way advanced, it was still sparking about 20* too soon.

Anthony changed the belt, water pump, and timing pulleys and I reset the ignition timing and now he's set for winter. :thumb:

P.S. - I love how your job = f*cking around all day. ROFL

haha, oh yea!! The changing the timing belt gave me like 50 hp, no joke...it was horrible.

My job really consist of watching movies, playing on my phone, eating junk food out of the vending machine after we found a key to unlock it LOL, doing donuts in the parking lot, a quick nap, and working on my personal car while the other dude does oil changes. F'n CAKE! LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back